Content has been updated elsewhere, would you like to reload?
*** Warning: If you do not reload, you may be editing obsolete contents. This may cause you to lose recent changes.Yes, reload
| No, keep this older content
- How to I stop Google from indexing my subdomain files, such as css.example.com,
- But still allow Google to follow them?
- Are these possible solutions?
- Use X-Robots-Tag HTTP header,
- .htaccess 301 redirect,
- Canonical link,
- Make a remove subdomain request to Google.
Dishes - Ideas Chops - Other Issues & Google Support Desserts References and More
header("X-Robots-Tag: noindex", true);
Using robots.txt has its disadvantages, the X-Robots-Tag HTTP header can help you with those in some cases, find some examples here.
The meta tags for robots you can have on your pages have been around for quite a while. Search engines have slowly been adding features to it. This page lists an overview of all the different values you can have in your tag. First, the official syntax: The different robots meta tag values An explanation…
You are welcome to
- Create your own Web list!
- Save this into your reading list.
- Write a comment below.
- Share this Web list through email or with other Readish users.