Content has been updated elsewhere, would you like to reload?
*** Warning: If you do not reload, you may be editing obsolete contents. This may cause you to lose recent changes.Yes, reload
| No, keep this older content
Can adults learn swimming from online videos? YouTube is seemingly amazing in delivering audio and video instruction on overcoming the fear of water, and learning to float, kick water, make arm movements, and to watch out for common mistakes. Try them out!
Use online videos to answer these questions:
- How can I overcome my fear of water?
- How can I learn to kick water?
- How can I learn to float?
- How can I combine arm movements and kicking?
- What swimming mistakes should I avoid, and how can I avoid them?
Dishes - Overcome Fear. Float kick Swim Chops - Breathe Correctly
While holding on to the edge of the pool (5:29 minute video):
- Breathe out in the water while making a sound gently - no need for a full breath,
- Water in the mouth is OK, get used to it.
This video clip is taken from the Test, produced by Granada TV, first shown on ITV1 in December 2003. Ian Cross from Swimming Without Stress helps Gill Lacey...
- Stand with head horizontal just on the water, walk around and get used to it,
- Next start near the wall,
- You lung is your baloon.
Floating is a swimming skill needed in a survival situation. Floating can be done on the back or front. Get expert tips and advice in this swimming video.
- Make sure your head is dropped back.
- Your entire body should be relax to become lighter than water.
This iSport Lessons video teaches swimmers how to float. http://swim.isport.com/swimming-videos/
Learn the most basic, step by step (5:38 minute video, but the lesson really starts after 1 minute of introduction):
- Gliding with arm movement,
- Gliding with kick,
- Gliding with arm movement and kick.
project sa swimming class, i can't imagine us doing this when we ourselves are beginners in swimming. I say do not trust this video for only amateurs made it...
This is a crude and noisy 6-minute video that shows all the key components of learning to swim and important tips about the 4 different strokes.
This is a show piece of what i have being doing on my first day of swimming training at FIU Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserve...I hope you would like it although...
Desserts References and More
- How and why to avoid over-rolling,
- Focus on constantly exhaling, and
- Exhale through the nose,
- Breathe towards the shoulder, a goggle and an ear in the water.
- 2:48 minute video.
U.S. Masters Coach Stu Kahn talks about common mistakes that vex freestylers during the breathing portion of the stroke. Whether you're just learning to swim...
Keep one eye and one year in the water. Don't let the hip sink too low.
http://www.muscleandendurance.com/ - How to breath while Swimming, Head Position in the Water Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IMDaveErickson Follow...
- 2:33 minute video,
- Grab the water, not massaging the water,
- Arms and pull are too narrow,
- Watch your elbows,
- Don't pull too far back.
To be good at any stroke, you need to heighten your feel for the water. For breaststroke, a heightened sense of the water is especially important in your arm...
You are welcome to
- Create your own Web list!
- Save this into your reading list.
- Write a comment below.
- Share this Web list through email or with other Readish users.