Features of Cambridge IGCSE
• IGCSE is aimed at a wide ability range of students, with a range of grades awarded from A* (highest grade) to G (lowest). There is a core (C to G) and extended (A* to C) curriculum available in some subjects.
• IGCSE uses a variety of assessment techniques to test oral and practical skills, initiative and problem-solving, and application of skills, knowledge and understanding.
• A coursework option is available in many syllabuses, allowing Centres an element of personal choice and giving teachers the chance to share in the process of assessment.
• Candidates are rewarded for positive achievement (what they know, understand, and can do).
• IGCSE prepares for progression to employment, or to further study. It prepares students very well for Cambridge International A and AS Levels.