Content has been updated elsewhere, would you like to reload?
*** Warning: If you do not reload, you may be editing obsolete contents. This may cause you to lose recent changes.Yes, reload
| No, keep this older content
Visitors to Bangkok can be overwhelmed by the sprawling metropolitan. This is a Web quest to help you learn about this City of the Angels - yes, that is the nickname for Bangkok. Use the questions below to search for answers and save the links in your own new Web list (course).
- Copy these Learning Questions, paste into a new "course" of your own.
- Search the Web for answers to these questions about Bangkok.
- Search Wikipedia, Maps, Images, PDFs, articles, etc.
- Save the links you find in your new course or Web list.
- What is the Thai name for Bangkok - yes, the one that is 144-Thai-character-long, that sounds right out of a computer game, that starts with the "City of angels, great city of immortals, ..." (Save that Web link as your first Dish.)
- Which of Bangkok's two airports has the statue depicting the Hindu myth "Churning of the Ocean of Milk?" (Find an image and save the URL.)
- How do you pronounce the names of Bangkok and the Thai international airport? (Hint: You can do it without knowing any Thai. Save the Google Translate full link.)
- If you were to take domestic flight to Chiengmai, what's the name of the domestic airport? (Save whatever link - Wikipedia, map, or Flickr image search)
- Can you find the River Chao Phraya on Google Maps? Save the link of the Google Street View for a river-side antique shopping area. It has a view of the Rama III Bridge to the south.
- What is the main color of the garland at the shrine of the three-headed Erawan? (Hint: use Google Street View. Look for the busy junction within 5 minutes walking distance of Grand Hyat Erawan Hotel, World Trade Center, Gaysorn shopping complexes. If you walk from BTS mass transit's Chidlom station, you would have to pass by a Haagen Dazs ice-cream, Starbucks, and McDonald's)
- You want to go to one of the floating market north of Bangkok. But under what circumstances can you find a tour package costing less than US$50 per pax?
- Can you find the map of the entire the mass transit sytem in Bangkok? There is a good and colorful PDF file somewhere.
- Which is the better view of the Victory Monument big roundabout - Google Street view or 360-degree City panoramic view? (Save both links.)
Dishes - Tips Chops Desserts References and More
You are welcome to
- Create your own Web list!
- Save this into your reading list.
- Write a comment below.
- Share this Web list through email or with other Readish users.