Content has been updated elsewhere, would you like to reload?
*** Warning: If you do not reload, you may be editing obsolete contents. This may cause you to lose recent changes.Yes, reload
| No, keep this older content
How to install Apache and others on Ubuntu 16, on development and production servers. Just the bare essentials, yet ensure file persmissions are properly done.
- How do I install Apache in Ubuntu 16?
- How do I manage permissions?
- How do I configure Apache, virtual host, access Web pages?
- How do I manage firewall, add MySQL, PHP, PhpMyAdmin, SSL certs?
Dishes Chops Desserts References and More
Step One — Create the Directory Structure
Step Two — Grant Permissions
Step Three — Create Demo Pages for Each Virtual Host
Step Four — Create New Virtual Host Files
Step Five — Enable the New Virtual Host Files
Step Six — Set Up Local Hosts File (Optional)
These should better be in /var/www/html?
- sudo mkdir -p /var/www/example.com/public_html
- sudo mkdir -p /var/www/test.com/public_html
In Step 6 (optional): "Make sure you are operating on your local computer for these steps and not your VPS server."
The Apache web server is the most popular way to serve web content on the internet. Apache has the ability to serve multiple domains from a single server by using a mechanism called 'virtual hosts'. If a virtual host is configured correctly for each d
Additional notes on production server, installing firewall, useful commands and core files:
Step 1: Install Apache
Step 2: Adjust the Firewall
Step 3: Check your Web Server
Step 4: Manage the Apache Process
Step 5: Get Familiar with Important Apache Files and Directories
The Apache HTTP server is the most widely-used web server in the world. It provides with many powerful features including dynamically loadable modules, robust media support, and extensive integration with other popular software. In this guide, we'll d
Further software: MySQL, Php7, PhpMyAdmin, firewall, SSL cert from Let's Encrypt
6. Install the Opcache + APCu PHP cache to speed up PHP
7. Enable the SSL website in apache
8. Get a free SSL Certificate from Let's Encrypt
LAMP is short for Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP. This tutorial shows how you can install an Apache 2.4 web server on an Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus) server...
You are welcome to
- Create your own Web list!
- Save this into your reading list.
- Write a comment below.
- Share this Web list through email or with other Readish users.