Content has been updated elsewhere, would you like to reload?
*** Warning: If you do not reload, you may be editing obsolete contents. This may cause you to lose recent changes.Yes, reload
| No, keep this older content
New views on gout: Vege purines are not related to high uric acid level. Obesity, fatty food, red or organ meat, and excessive alcohol are the likely culprits. Benefical foods include fresh veges, fruits, low-fat dairy products, and lots of water. Same as a cardiovascular diet. There has been confusion over vegetable purines, such as beans - whether they are harmful or should now be viewed as beneficial.
- What is gout and what causes it?
- What are uric acid and purines?
- What food may increase or reduce uric acid level in the blood?
- What are some controversial food about high uric acid levels?
Dishes Chops Desserts References and More
Straight to the points, sensible, and up-to-date recommendations:
- What is gout,
- What cause gout,
- 9 steps to prevent gout or reduce it's impact.
It is estimated that 2 million people are currently suffering from gout, a form of arthritis created by too much uric acid in the body. Uric acid is produced by the liver and from there it enters the bloodstream and the joints. Among the...
- List of food considered to increase uric acid,
- The 2004 Choi study based on 12 years of study of 47,150 participatns, that produced some non-traditional results, such as saying vegetable purines are not related to gout,
- Useful links.
Diet is important if you have gout. Learn which foods to avoid if you have gout.
Emphasis on categories of beneficial food.
In certain systemic or local conditions, it becomes very important to control the production of toxins like uric acid by eating foods low in uric acid and avoid those with high uric acid.
You are welcome to
- Create your own Web list!
- Save this into your reading list.
- Write a comment below.
- Share this Web list through email or with other Readish users.