- food, recipe, thai, thailand, vegetarian
- What secret ingredients give the unique flavors
to Thai-style stir-fried vegetables (Pad phak ruam mitr)?
Amidst hundreds of recipes online, note these ingredients - in this
order of importance - fish or oyster sauce, brown or palm sugar,
and chopped garlic. Fresh vege and hot wok are important, soy sauce
may substitute for fish sauce, and white sugar for palm sugar. Use
an oil of high smoking point. Spring onion, young coriander leaves
and shallots are helpful too.
- EnglishBy Oriole2015-03-10• 630 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 3 3
- How do you cook a typical Thai stir-fried vegetables dish?
- What are the key condiments that give it the unique flavor, other than vegetables?
- Note the alternative or combined usage of oyster sauce, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
- What vegetable oils will be suitable? (all oils are OK, but the ones with higher smoking points will caramelize better with less coating of your kitchen with a film of oil).
- children, elementary_school, english, high_school, homeschool, literature
- How does a child of 12 travel from Bulgaria by sea to Italy,
walk across the Europe to Denmark? How does a child raised in
concentration camp know orange is edible? How does he know who to
trust and who not to? Does he know about smile? Why does he find
his way to Denmark? Find out from this multiple award-winning, Best
Scandinavian Children's Book by Anne Holm.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-12-11• 1,963 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 6 3
- Background info about the young adult book I am David,
- Reviews of the book,
- Study guide and workbook for students reading this book,
- Maps that may help illustrate the story,
- Movie and questions regarding the book,
- Students' works and creative writings about this book.
- audiobook, girl, high_school, history, holocaust, literature, wwii
- What inspired Anne Frank to prepare her diary for eventual
publication? It is this radio speech by Dutch minister Bolkestein:
"History cannot be written on the basis of official decisions and
documents alone. If our descendants are to understand fully what we
as a nation have had to endure and overcome during these years,
then what we really need are ordinary documents -- a diary, letters
from a worker in Germany, a collection of sermons given by a parson
or priest ..."
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-05-18• 3,317 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
10 14 12
- Are there audiobook and video dramatization about Anne Frank and diary?
- Tell me interesting background facts about Anne Frank.
- The building she hid in, her grave, and museums - can I visit them online?
- Where can I find study guides, excerpts, and arts about her and her diary?
- christma, game, holiday, quiz, trivia
- After the waist-busting feasts, parties, and Christmas messages,
what do I do? Play Christmas quizzes, trivia, and browser games, of
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-12-22• 374 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
Where can I find Christmas-themed quizzes, trivia, and browser games.
- children, christma, history, holiday
- History is not what we are taught. Christmas is a complex
celebration with religious, cultural, traditional, commercial,
political, and pagan associations. This Web list collects research
about where Christmas come from. How much of Christmas is bliblical
and how much is pagan and secular? What are the traditions and fun
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-12-22• 603 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
7 5 1
- Where does Christmas come from and how has it evolved?
- What do Christmas customs come from - food, tree, carols, candy, ornaments, Santa Claus, etc?
- Why do some argue that Christmas is pagan and too commercial?
- Does Christmas accurately commemorate the birth of Jesus?
- christmas, game, gingerbead_man, holiday, recipe
- A friend of mine ran away and got eaten by the fox. My big
day is June 5, but I'm popular during Christmas as one of the
soldiers in The Nutcracker - fighting the Mouse King. I holiday in
a gingerbread house. People make me big for the Guinness Book of
Records. Besides ballet, I am busy making guest appearances on the
Muppet Show, Facebook, Shrek the movie, and countless music
videos and school performances. Run too fast for Ghostbusters the
movie. This is the story of my life.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-10-27• 584 Views3 Likes0 Dislike4 Subscribers
6 12 3 8
- animated stories of my unfortunate comrade - the run-away gingerbread man,
- songs, dances, music videos about me,
- my appearence in The Nutcracker,
- 7 games about me,
- my special day - The National Gingerbread Man Day,
- recipes and Wikipedia aritcles about me,
- the giant me that entered the Guinness Book of Record.
- history, holiday, thanksgiving
- History is not what we are taught at school! Through animations,
songs, and videos, we trace the Puritans' motivation to leave
England, their difficult voyage, starvation at Plymouth, and how
they survived with Indian help. Then we dig deeper into how they
turned despair into prosperity - in search of the real reasons for
thanksgiving: They adopted a system of working for themselves and
their own families, then exchanging their surpluses with the
Indians and neighboring towns.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-10-28• 1,625 Views3 Likes0 Dislike4 Subscribers
8 5 12
- To bookmark videos, songs, animations about Thanksgiving celebration,
- To start with the traditional historical accounts,
- To add critical views of the whats and whys of Thanksgiving,
- To highlight Governor William Bradford's own account of how the Plymouth colonists eventually prospered.
- airplane, children, fun, handcraft, origami, paper_craft, paper_plane, toy
- Paper airplanes never fail to capture the child's imagination.
Paper craft or origami also promotes creativity and fine motor
skills in children, and inspire their wonder in simple physics. But
alas, adults have forgotten how to fold them. Fortunately, there
are YouTube and enthusiasts who make video tutorials of all kinds
of paper aeroplanes.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-11-05• 1,530 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 3 1
- Learn to make simple paper airplanes from video tutorials,
- Entertain, distract, education children about flight.
- food, mexican, recipe
- These guacamole recipes are fun to learn, easy to make, and
tasty to eat. Guacamole is a versatile avocado-based sauce - a
Mexican cuisine, a dip, condiment and salad ingredient. It is made
by mashing ripe avocados in a mortar and pestle. Some recipes call
for tomato, onion, garlic, lime juice, and chili. The name
literally translates to "avocado sauce", from āhuacatl ("avocado")
+ molli ("sauce").
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-09-01• 230 Views2 Likes0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 3 4
To learn to make guacamole through videos and recipes. To understand slight variations and innovations. Tips to prevent darkening of guacamole from oxidation:
Directly cover surface with plastic wrap to prevent the air from reaching it,
Cover with cool boiled water and drain before serving, or
- Coat surface with lime or lemon juice.
- food, fun, mythbuster, recipe, science
- Dishwasher cooking is no urban myth. And it's environmentally
friendly. Most suitable for poaching and low-temperaure cooking,
dishwashers can do a lot, provided you know it's limitations
(primarily low temperature) and how to compensate for them (more
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-01-11• 575 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 4 2
- To show how and what to cook in your dishwaster,
- To list recipes you can use to impress you guests,
- To know the limits of dishwasher cookie, and how to compensate for them.