- children, college, education, high_school, success
- High school is a safe time to let children take risk, fail,
learn, and grow strength of character - or grit. Protective parents
can hurt the child, who may acquire a mentality of entitlement and
not the mental muscles to recover from a fall. This Web list is
inspired by Jennifer Meer's article "My parents let me fail,
which taught me how to live" and Salman Khan's view.
- EnglishBy degree62014-09-26• 668 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 6 3 5
- Why will Salman Khan not tell his son he's smart?
- Why did Jennifer Meer's parents let her fail, and how did she benefit?
- Why should you let your children take risk, fail, and learn the consequence?
- What if you over-protect?
- austrian_economic, cartoon, children, comic, disney, duck_tale, high_school
- Robert Anthony Peters explains the underlying economic lessons
behind three Duck Tales. He pointed out that the creator of Duck
Tales, Carl Barks, had a sharp eye on how the individuals can
become millionnaires, building on subjective value, mutual gain
from trades, and entrepreneurship.
- EnglishBy Rothy2015-07-20• 600 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- What economic lessons can I learn from Duck Tales?
- How has the Duck clan illustrated the paths to poverty and richness?
- Where can I find the comics?
- Where can I find a well-written article guiding us through the Austrian economic lessons of Duck Tales?
- asperger's_syndrome, children, education, psychology
- High intelligence, poor social skills, uneven development -
Asperger's Syndrom is often viewed as high-functioning autism. But
aren't we all on a very wide spectrum where one end is called
"autism?" Whether we call it an illness or personal traits,
children with Asperger's Syndrom benefit drastically from informed
teaching and parenting strategies and tips.
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-07-08• 1,138 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
7 16 1 2
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
- How do I help a child with AS to develop?
- I am looking for teaching strategies, tips, background, video explanation.
- children, elementary_school, english, high_school, homeschool, literature
- How does a child of 12 travel from Bulgaria by sea to Italy,
walk across the Europe to Denmark? How does a child raised in
concentration camp know orange is edible? How does he know who to
trust and who not to? Does he know about smile? Why does he find
his way to Denmark? Find out from this multiple award-winning, Best
Scandinavian Children's Book by Anne Holm.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-12-11• 1,857 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 6 3
- Background info about the young adult book I am David,
- Reviews of the book,
- Study guide and workbook for students reading this book,
- Maps that may help illustrate the story,
- Movie and questions regarding the book,
- Students' works and creative writings about this book.
- children, fun, inspirational, poem, russia, russian
- How do Russians pay it forward? Other than fail compilations,
does Youtube offer kindness compilations? Is there anything to
learn about doing kindness?
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-02-06• 793 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 4 4
This web list links to:
- videos of random acts of kindness,
- poetry, tales, and "instruction" about kindness by strangers,
- some cynical thoughts about kindness,
- caution against putting yourself in danger in the act of kindness.
- astronomy, children, high_school, hobby, science
- Meteor showers are common - appearing every few weeks throughout
the year. The trick is to know which are the major shows, what
days, direction, time of night, and location to view them. Geminids
and Perseids are the reliables; Leonids is famous but
temperamental; Quadrantics are the dark horse. Follow them on
meteor calendar, learn their characters, avoid the moon and light
pollution, wait past mindnight for the bugs-on-the-windshield
effect, and bring a cup of hot chocolate.
- EnglishBy chaiseri2015-01-30• 642 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 6 3 2
- Which are the major meteor showers and how are they named?
- How is each meteor shower different from the others?
- How can I best view these meteor showers?
- On which days and time can I view them?
- What kind of location and what should I prepare to view them?
- children, christma, history, holiday
- History is not what we are taught. Christmas is a complex
celebration with religious, cultural, traditional, commercial,
political, and pagan associations. This Web list collects research
about where Christmas come from. How much of Christmas is bliblical
and how much is pagan and secular? What are the traditions and fun
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-12-22• 575 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
7 5 1
- Where does Christmas come from and how has it evolved?
- What do Christmas customs come from - food, tree, carols, candy, ornaments, Santa Claus, etc?
- Why do some argue that Christmas is pagan and too commercial?
- Does Christmas accurately commemorate the birth of Jesus?
- business, children, duck_dynasty, economic, tv
- Do children live too close to home, school, and too far away
from business, customer service, and the reality of making a
living? Though part fantasy, TV reality shows do provide fun
demonstration of entrepreneurship, lessons in meeting customer
demand, as well as the freedom and challenges of running successful
family businesses. Ths Web list is a casual overview of four such
reality TV shows: Pawn Stars, Duck Dynasty, Redwood Kings,
- EnglishBy Rothy2014-12-06• 768 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 8 15
- Where can I find safe and fun lessons about entrepreneurship for children?
- What reality TV shows are about family businesses?
- carol, children, christmas, holiday, music
- Looking for Christmas songs for children? Youtube videos are the
best source. But this Web list also includes MP3s, lyrics, and
downloadable MIDI files.
- EnglishBy Gardener2013-12-15• 1,834 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 10 11
Where can I find free-to-listen:
- Christmas songs for children,
- Their videos,
- Downloadable lyrics, MIDI files, and MP3 files?
- children, disney, frozen, music
- Are you sick and tired of the song "Let It Go" already? Not yet?
Then this Web list is for you. This course celebrates the song that
is "a stirring tribute to girl power and the need to 'let go' of
fear and shame" as Joe Dziemianowicz of The New York Daily News
- EnglishBy Gardener2014-04-10• 987 Views2 Likes0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 12 3
- To listen to the soaring "Let It Go" in English, 25 languages, and mis-translated languages,
- To understand the magic and popularity of this song,
- To hear inspired or parody versions,
- To hear tributes by firemen, gamer, and traffic reporter.
- airplane, children, fun, handcraft, origami, paper_craft, paper_plane, toy
- Paper airplanes never fail to capture the child's imagination.
Paper craft or origami also promotes creativity and fine motor
skills in children, and inspire their wonder in simple physics. But
alas, adults have forgotten how to fold them. Fortunately, there
are YouTube and enthusiasts who make video tutorials of all kinds
of paper aeroplanes.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-11-05• 1,489 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 3 1
- Learn to make simple paper airplanes from video tutorials,
- Entertain, distract, education children about flight.
- children, literature, poem, poetry, quiz
- These are 41 quizzes on children's novels, rhymes, and poems
from the British newspaper The Guardian. Each quiz contains up to
10 questions on topics ranging from Dr. Seuss, nursery rhymes,
Roald Dahl, horses, wolves, elephants, Christmas, Halloween, queens
and witches, monsters and fairies.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-08-17• 1,080 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
18 23 3
Test yourself on children's literature, and learn from it!
- audiobook, children, french, high_school, literature
- The Little Prince is a whimsical and poetic novella by the
French aristocrat, writer, and pioneering aviator Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry. It is the most-read and most-translated book in the
French language, and was voted the best book of the 20th century in
France. It has been translated into 250 languages, adapted into 17
audio productions, 16 films, 13 ballets and operas, 13 dramas ...
but we risk becoming "like the grown-ups who are no longer
interested in anything but figures."
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-04-24• 1,421 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
10 10 1 10
All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember ...
- The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart.
- It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.
- You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
- What makes the desert beautiful ... is that somewhere it hides a well.
- A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
- Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.
- audiobook, canada, children, english, girl, literature
- This red-hair girl in a straw hat has inspired a museum, tourism
on Prince Edward Island, fan fiction, a musical, and Japanese
tourists. Anne of Green Gables is one of the most popular
characters in Children's literature. Many sequels, audiobooks and
movies have been created based on L.M. Montgomery's young and
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-04-22• 853 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 14 1 3
- How many versions of audiobooks can we choose from?
- Where can I find the eText of Anne of Green Gables?
- What fun parks and places about Anne are open for me to visit?
- What other media are available about Anne? Maps, museum, movie, study guide, and fan fiction.