- austrian_economic, college, economic, free_market, history, murray_rothbard
- History is not what we are taught. Here is a book that will turn
everything you learn about economic thoughts on its head. It all
did start with the Greeks, but Chinese, Catholics, Spanish
Scholastics, medieval Europeans, the modern nation states all
witnessed the ebb and flow of ideas about economic freedom -
clearly it was no one-way progress. Adam Smith paved the way for
Marxism. There is more startlingly detailed and extensive
discussion about what went through the ancient minds.
- EnglishBy Rothy2014-07-08• 566 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 6 3
To read a comprehensive, original, revealing, detailed, and well-argued discussion about economic thinking from ancient Greece to the 20th century.
- common_$ense_economic, economic, high_school
- Where can I find a beginner's economic course that is both free
and of high quality? Common $ense Economics is a free, 6-week,
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). It covers scarcity, gains
from trade, marginal decision-making, supply and demand, profits
and losses, sources of economic growth, the invisible hand, the
rule of law, private ownership, competition, monetary stability,
low taxes, open trade, the Role of Government, and practical
- EnglishBy Rothy2015-01-30• 590 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- Where can I find a free introductory economic course online?
- What key economic principles does it cover?
- How are the course modules structured?
- Who wrote the course and how experienced are they?
- What do other teachers and students say about this course?
- What books or materials does it use? Do I have to buy the book? (No)
- austrian_economic, broken_window_fallacy, college, economic, henry_hazlitt
- Economics in One Lesson is an introduction to free market
economics written by Henry Hazlitt and first published in 1946. It
is based on Frédéric Bastiat's essay Ce qu'on voit et ce qu'on ne
voit pas (English: "What is Seen and What is Not Seen").
- EnglishBy Rothy2013-06-16• 698 Views2 Likes0 Dislike3 Subscribers
6 28 1 8
To introduce Henry Hazlitt's classic on the unseen, hidden, ignored, overlooked truths and costs about economic issues. To provide readers with different editions (1952, 1982, and a version with an additional chapter), and various media (PDF, HTML, physical copy to purchase, and partial audio/video files).
- austrian_economic, broken_window_fallacy, economic, frédéric_bastiat
- "That Which Is Seen, and That Which Is Not Seen" is an 1850
essay by Frédéric Bastiat. Often summarized as the "Broken Window
Fallacy," this classic and witty essay inspired Henry Hazlitt's
1946 book Economics in One Lesson that is still popular today. I
bookmark various book formats, including audios and introductory
videos. You can read or listen to the full translated essay in
Dishes 3 to 6.
- EnglishBy Rothy2013-10-07• 279 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 7 1 12
To answer these questions about economics:
- What is the Broken Window Fallacy?
- How is it related to the classical economics essay "That Which Is Seen, and That Which Is Not Seen," by Frédéric Bastiat?
- What does the essay talk about?
- How can we use video, audio, to help understand the essay?
- How is the popular economic book Economics in One Lesson, written in 1946 by Henry Hazlitt related to this essay?
Note there are two translations for this 1850 French essay. The Patrick James Stirling is more popular, but the Seymour Cain translation seems to be easier to read.
- austrian_economic, economic, hayek
- Di sini terdapat buku Jalan Perhambaan, oleh F.A. Hayek, versi
ringkasan oleh Reader's Digest, dalam pelabagai format.
- bahasa MelayuBy saengch2013-12-12• 394 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 3 1
Memastikan penterjemahan Jalan Perhambaan yang jarang didapati ini boleh di sebarkan. Dibawah terdapat versi:
- MS Word (.doc),
- Open Office Document (.odt).
- business, children, duck_dynasty, economic, tv
- Do children live too close to home, school, and too far away
from business, customer service, and the reality of making a
living? Though part fantasy, TV reality shows do provide fun
demonstration of entrepreneurship, lessons in meeting customer
demand, as well as the freedom and challenges of running successful
family businesses. Ths Web list is a casual overview of four such
reality TV shows: Pawn Stars, Duck Dynasty, Redwood Kings,
- EnglishBy Rothy2014-12-06• 806 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 8 15
- Where can I find safe and fun lessons about entrepreneurship for children?
- What reality TV shows are about family businesses?
- austrian_economic, college, economic, free_market, hayek
- Hayek knows that we cannot know enough to plan the economy, that
if we insist on central planning we would create injustice and
violence, that mainstream economists are only pretending to know,
advising government conceit that becomes so destructive. The
"Chops" section bookmarks additional works by other Austrian
economists on the economic calculation problem.
- EnglishBy Rothy2013-09-16• 641 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 10 11
- To collect Hayek's writings about how we are limited by our inability to handle enough knowledge to plan society,
- To highlight how arrogance on this matter will lead to disastrous results and oppressive central government.
- to collect other Austrian economists' arguments and critiques about the economic calculation problem (in the Chops section).
- The Hayek articles are:
- The Pretence of Knowledge (Nobel speech),
- The Use of Knowledge in Society (article),
- The Fatal Conceit - The Errors of Socialism,
- The Road to Serfdom (condensed booklet)
- austrian_economic, college, economic, free_market, ludwig_von_mise
- Human Action is the magnum opus of Ludwig von Mises about
praxeology, the study of human action and choice. Although a tome
of a book, a review has likened reading it to "imagine yourself in
a large mansion that is dark but for the nightlights along the
wall. You stumble from switch to switch, feeling your way around.
Then someone comes along and throws on a switch that illuminates
the whole building, inside and out, including the grounds outside.
This is what Human Action does."
- EnglishBy Rothy2014-05-06• 271 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
10 10 3
- What is the book Human Action like?
- Where can I get copies online, of various eBook formats, and audiobooks?
- What are the reviews like?
- Are there study guides and discussion that will help me?
- austrian_economic, bubble, business_cycle, depression, economic, free_market, trade_cycle
- Despite government interventions recommended by mainstream
economists, the world continues to breed bubbles and crashes.
Crises come in novel forms - as governments "learn" new ways to
print money, lower interest rates, and subsidize new sectors - in
energy prices, savings & loans, stock crash, currency swing,
internet bust, housing, education loans, and what next? Why can't
mainstream economics resolve the issue? What does the much maligned
free-market Austrian school have to offer?
- EnglishBy Rothy2014-05-06• 102 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
13 9 9
- Why do economies go through the boom-and-bust cycles?
- What do Austrian economists say and recommend about the trade cycles?
- Where can I find reading on the Austrian business cycle theory?
- Where might current bubbles go?
- austrian_economic, college, economic, high_school, logic
- "Logic used to be a key component in liberal education: it was
part of the classic “trivium.” ... The School of Salamanca used
scholastic logic to give birth to economic theory. ... The Austrian
School used logic to rigorize and advance economic science.
However, the rise of positivism rang the death knell for the
widespread study of logic. It is time to reinstate logic as a
tool." ~Mises Academy. You can still download the text for free
without enrolling in the online course.
- EnglishBy Rothy2013-10-19• 384 Views1 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
This course presents the essentials of logic—the science of correct reasoning. Deductive reasoning transmits truth from premises to conclusion. If one starts with true premises, and reasons correctly, the conclusion will be true also. Common fallacies are identified and examples from discussions in politics and economics are given.
The course emphasizes ordinary language reasoning rather than mathematical logic. Although practical application is stressed, some of the philosophical issues that logic raises are also covered. Whatever your career path or field of study, you will find the use of logic to be invaluable. ~ Mises Academy.
You are free to download the text (ePub, Kindle, and other formats) even without enrolling in the course.
- austrian_economic, economic, free_market, milton_friedman
- Free to Choose - A Personal Statement is still as relevant today
as when it first came out 1/3 century ago. Nobel laureate Milton
Friedman maintains that the free market works best for all members
of a society and explained this with characteristic charm and
clarity. Published in 1980, the 297 page book contains 10 chapters
and was a U.S. best seller for 5 weeks. The TV series first aired
in 1980 in 10 parts, and updated in 5 parts in 1990 after the
collapse of the Soviet Union.
- EnglishBy Rothy2013-10-25• 457 Views2 Likes1 Dislike2 Subscribers
3 11 11
To bookmark video and transcript files for Free to Choose - A Personal Statement, ie,
- video files of the 1980, 10-part TV series,
- video files of the 1990, 5-part TV series,
- transcript files of the 1980 TV series, under the Chops section,
- background information.
- austrian_economic, college, economic, education, high_school, homeschool
- "Principles of Economics" is an introductory economic course,
taught by Robert P. Murphy. The text book, also by Murphy, is
Lessons for the Young Economist. Robert Murphy teaches and writes
from the perspective of Austrian economics, and is lively, logical,
and organized. The course is offered by Mises Academy as an
independent study course, at a discount price of $69, and offers 8
recorded lectures, free reading materials, slides, quizzes, and
certificate of participation.
- EnglishBy Rothy2013-10-05• 313 Views0 Like1 Dislike1 Subscriber
2 2 2
- To outline "Principles of Economics," an online independent study course offered by Mises Academy,
- To link to the free text book Lessons for the Young Economist, and its various formats.