- education, flight, journalism, learning_resource, mas_, mh17, mh370, qz8501
- The mysterious loss of Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 generated
an overwhelming amount of news and speculation. This Web list
collects milestone reports - in news, images, social network
discussions, even speculations and false leads - to memorialize
this tragic and complex event. The links are arranged in roughly
chronological order, except where we need to keep related stories
together. Official statements, social network, map and tool sites
are mostly in the "Chops" section below.
- EnglishBy saengch2014-03-26• 1,167 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
192 30 13
To memorialize MH370 by collecting:
- News reports and images,
- Links to official statements, social network, tools, and map sites.
I include speculations, rumours, conspiracy theories, hoaxes, and false leads - that together demonstrate the chaotic and confused context in the search of useful information about MH370.
- children, college, education, high_school, success
- High school is a safe time to let children take risk, fail,
learn, and grow strength of character - or grit. Protective parents
can hurt the child, who may acquire a mentality of entitlement and
not the mental muscles to recover from a fall. This Web list is
inspired by Jennifer Meer's article "My parents let me fail,
which taught me how to live" and Salman Khan's view.
- EnglishBy degree62014-09-26• 696 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 6 3 5
- Why will Salman Khan not tell his son he's smart?
- Why did Jennifer Meer's parents let her fail, and how did she benefit?
- Why should you let your children take risk, fail, and learn the consequence?
- What if you over-protect?
- education, free_course, high_school, homeschool
- Khan Academy's rich repertoire of free courses emphasize videos,
practices, feedback, and community questions. These create a highly
interactive, personalized, and self-paced learning environment.
Courses flow naturally like streams, leading the students through
his or her own paths, bends, stepping stones, discoveries, and
rewards. Students are motivated with points and badges. Teachers
and parents are supported with tutorials, PDF files and real-time
- EnglishBy chaiseri2013-09-05• 1,318 Views2 Likes0 Dislike3 Subscribers
8 3 2
We explore the free learning site Khan Academy. First, we focus on student resources, including the areas of:
- Science and economics,
- Computer science,
- Exam preparation.
The "Chops" section explores tools for the "coaches" - parents and teachers.
- asperger's_syndrome, children, education, psychology
- High intelligence, poor social skills, uneven development -
Asperger's Syndrom is often viewed as high-functioning autism. But
aren't we all on a very wide spectrum where one end is called
"autism?" Whether we call it an illness or personal traits,
children with Asperger's Syndrom benefit drastically from informed
teaching and parenting strategies and tips.
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-07-08• 1,208 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
7 16 1 2
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
- How do I help a child with AS to develop?
- I am looking for teaching strategies, tips, background, video explanation.
- aria, education, italian, music, opera, singing, vocal_training
- It sounds nice, but what does the Italian lyrics say? O mio
babbino caro is one of Puccini's most popular arias. Watch videos
of the performance - Sissel's naughty interpretation and Maria
Callas' sad interpretation. Read up on the background, understand
the Italian lyrics in English, practice with karaoke and music
sheets, and read further on the location.
- EnglishBy Gardener2013-07-26• 6,829 Views3 Likes0 Dislike4 Subscribers
6 5 2 5
The objective of this course is to give the vocal student a quick round-up on this song by:
- watching video performances,
- reading about the background of the aria, opera, and composer,
- Understanding the Italian lyrics through its English translation,
- Singing along with a karaoke video,
- Practicing with music score.
- education, music, singing, vocal_training
- Swedish-born and Los Angeles-based vocal and performance coach
Per Bristow reveals some of his singing techniques. These free
videos talk about rhythm, high notes, vibrato, and posture. There
are links to Per's blog, Facebook, and website. The references
sections contains several reviews, which are generally
- EnglishBy Gardener2013-07-31• 4,384 Views2 Likes0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 8 1 10
To introduce singing and performance coach Per Bristow's natural singing techniques, called the Bristow Method.
- choir, education, james_agee, morten_lauridsen, music, samuel_barber
- In 1940, composer Samuel Barber set to music sections of James
Agee's "Descriptions of Elysium" from Permit Me Voyage, creating a
song of "Sure On This Shining Night." Audiences, choirs, and
composers alike continue to be fond of this poem. Composers Morten
Lauridsen, Z. Randall Stroope, and Jay Giallombardo later rendered
this poem into three chorus arragements in the 21th century.
- EnglishBy Gardener2013-07-15• 2,258 Views1 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 13 5 9
- To enjoy four different musical settings to the same poem, by James Agee, known as "Sure on this Shining Night:" Samuel Barber in 1940, Morten Lauridsen in 2005, Z. Randall Stroope around 2007, and Jay Giallombardo in 2011.
- To collect links to the different versions, the poem's interpretations, and background.
- education, food, fun, home, list, tax, tip
- How many of these 48 sets of "13 Things" did you not know about
beauty, education, eating out, flying, home, car, finance, taxes?
How many more secrets do experts not tell you? Here are tons of
empowering tips and trivia knowledge from Reader's Digest, which
had asked the experts for your enlightenment.
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-08-27• 763 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
32 16 1
Learn secrets like these:
- 13 Things Lottery Winners Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things Hair Stylists Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things Plastic Surgeons Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Pilot Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Flight Attendant Won’t Tell You
- 13 Secrets Reality TV Show Producers Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things An Identity Thief Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things Your Dermatologist Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Tutoring Centers Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About Mustaches
- 13 Things Your Mother-in-Law Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Kid’s Principal Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things a Burglar Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Locksmith Won’t Tell You
- 13 More Things Your Plumber Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Car Dealer Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Pizza Guy Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things a Stand-Up Comedian Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things Your Pharmacist Won’t Tell You
- anger, education, high_school, improvement, inspiration, personality
- Explosions that led to regret. Bad mental habits that led to
rage. Self destructive, negative, frustrating thoughts. If we only
have simple tips for managing them, resolving them, making use of
all the angers in our mental world. Here are excellent tips from
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-07-16• 151 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- Learn from simple tips to deal with anger,
- Find out how to vent anger,
- Learn about using our own anger,
- Know how to deal with other people's anger.
- children, education, food, parenting, personality
- Self-esteem, confidence, joy, managing tantrum, bully-proofing -
don't we wish them on our kids. Good habits in eating, playing,
learning, reading - that would be ideal. Learning apps,
entrepreneurship and money sense - what can be more desirable?
Then, look up these 273 free tips from LifeHack.org. Take your time
absorbing these gems - register with Readish and collect this into
your personal reading list.
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-07-10• 690 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
13 11 2
So many things to learn to be parent:
- How do I build self-esteem, confidence, joy, good habits in my kids?
- What should I say or avoid saying to children?
- How do I help them control their tantrum, punish when necessary, and help them avoid bulling?
- How can they build good eating, playing, and learning habits?
- What apps or web site will make them smart through fun?
- How do I gently introduce them to entrepreneurship, money, and survival?