- children, elementary_school, english, high_school, homeschool, literature
- How does a child of 12 travel from Bulgaria by sea to Italy,
walk across the Europe to Denmark? How does a child raised in
concentration camp know orange is edible? How does he know who to
trust and who not to? Does he know about smile? Why does he find
his way to Denmark? Find out from this multiple award-winning, Best
Scandinavian Children's Book by Anne Holm.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-12-11• 1,849 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 6 3
- Background info about the young adult book I am David,
- Reviews of the book,
- Study guide and workbook for students reading this book,
- Maps that may help illustrate the story,
- Movie and questions regarding the book,
- Students' works and creative writings about this book.
- children, education, elementary_school, game, homeschool, interactive, preschool
- This is a "super" course that links to my other courses about
children's learning games. These courses currently bookmark 2,000
free language and literacy arts games or intereactive lessons,
1,000 math games, 800 science games, and 300 music games. Select
your own games from among them, and customize your own courses.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-10-29• 737 Views1 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
To make it easier to find my other courses about children's learning games.
- children, elementary_school, game, homeschool, language, spanish
- This course points to 500 Spanish language games, quizzes, and
interactive lessons for children. That is not counting thousands of
quizzes at Quia and PurposeGames, also listed here.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-01-25• 1,227 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
31 23 16
To help children learn Spanish, by building a web list of:
- Interactive lessons,
- Quia quizzes and games,
- PurposeGames quizzes and games,
- Other teaching resources, such as interactive activities, printouts, worksheets, presentation, etc.
- children, elementary_school, french, game, homeschool, language
- This web list links to 200 children's free games and more than
7,000 quizzes on learning French. Many include pronunciation help.
Most are vocabulary games. The Chops section also include videos,
more pronunciation interactive lessons and teaching resources.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-02-22• 2,423 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
21 22 15
- More than 200 children's games for learning French,
- Quia's 7,000 quizzes and games about learning French,
- Video for learning beginner's French,
- Interactive lessons that teach French vocabular and pronunciation,
- Teacher's resources: Activities, presentations, worksheets,
- Children's Games in French (not specifically for language learning).
- children, elementary_school, game, german, homeschool, language
- Even adults can learn German by playing children's
games! This course links to over 200 children's free games and
interactive lessons for learning German. Additionally, it links to
over 2,000 quizzes.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-02-09• 2,550 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
20 14 1 21
To link to free web media to help children learn German language, including:
- Interactive lessons and activities,
- Teaching resources, such as presentations and worksheets,
- Video lessons.
- creative_common, elementary_school, high_school, image, learning_resource, media, music, teaching_resource, video, wikimedia
- Where can I find royalty-free image, video, and audio files to
include in my courses? What are the various Creative Common
licenses? How are they different from Public Domain media?
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-09-30• 211 Views0 Like0 Dislike3 Subscribers
10 6 6
- To help educators find royalty-free media for use in courses,
- To bookmark articles link to image, audio, video files that are royalty-free, under the Creative Common license, or in the public domain.
Caution: Even if the sites claim to provide royalty free media, you need to check the media to determine for yourself the authenticity of the claims.
- college, elementary_school, high_school, homeschool, learning_resource, teaching_resource, video, web_media, youtube
- YouTube's educational videos can be funny and effective. To
improve access, YouTube has auto-generated "educational channels"
under these grades: Primary & Secondary (green icons),
University (red), and LIfelong Learning (yellow). Many high quality
videos come from YouTube's partners, who are teachers and
- EnglishBy chaiseri2014-02-12• 143 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
16 17 7
- YouTube organize its Education channels into 3 levels:
- Primary & Secondary (Green icon),
- University (Red icon),
- Lifelong Learning (Yellow icon).
- Link to 4 channels under Primary & Secondary Education
- Link to 8 channels under University Education,
- Link to YouTube partner channels, eg, Vsauce, MinutePhysics.
- children, education, elementary_school, game, homeschool, music, preschool
- This course collects 300 free music games covering theory,
instruments, history, and skills for children age 9 or below.
Additional lessons, quizzes, and miscellaneous games are collected
under the Chops section. All are browser games that do not require
downloading of new applications.
You can zoom in or out of flash games by pressing the Ctrl and
"+" or "-" keys. You can also hold down the Ctrl key while
scrolling the middle mouse button. Press F11 key to enter
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-09-28• 1,187 Views3 Likes0 Dislike3 Subscribers
28 23 11
- To collect 300 free music games for children age 9 or below,
- To collect only browser games that do not require additional apps;
- The Dish section links to web pages with 3 or more music games
- The Chops section links to miscellaneous interactive music activities, music theory, history, lessons, quizzes, and other resources.
- To encourage parents and teachers to create your own, focused, collection of music games, selected from these selections, and customized for your own children.
Please suggest your favorite sites for music games, or point out any errors in the comments section below.