- drink, food, holiday, malaysia, penang, travel
- Penang is a top-10 island to visit before you die. It's #8 in
Top 40 Hot Spots to go to in 2014; one of 8 great places to retire.
Penang offers top 10 street food in Asia, and in the world. It is
where you can enjoy the 6th most delicious drink in the world, and
3 of the top 10 drinks in Southeast Asia. Compare the 4 lists of
attractions below, hopefully you will find the places you would
most enjoy exploring.
- EnglishBy saengch2013-12-23• 1,053 Views2 Likes0 Dislike7 Subscribers
13 19 3 16
- To highlight why Penang is worth visiting - food, drinks, life, arts,
- To compare 4 lists of tourist attractions - so you can make up your own mind about what best suit your fancy,
- To see how Penang street food and drinks rank in the world,
- To highlight recent street arts and their locations,
- To list images and panoramas of Penang.
Please suggest more places and articles to add to this list, especially those at Balik Pulau.
- curry, durian, flower, food, indonesia, malaysia, recipe, thailand
- Durian flowers or blossoms is a rare treat because the trees
blooms only for a few days, normally only once a year. Preparation
is also labor-intensive. Hence restaurants do not serve them.
Durian flowers can be stir fried with meat, belacan (fermented
shrimp cake), or cookied in curry.
- EnglishBy saengch2014-03-18• 1,390 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 4 1
- How to collect durian blossoms,
- How to clean and prepare them,
- How to cook them.
- food, recipe, thai, thailand, vegetarian
- What secret ingredients give the unique flavors
to Thai-style stir-fried vegetables (Pad phak ruam mitr)?
Amidst hundreds of recipes online, note these ingredients - in this
order of importance - fish or oyster sauce, brown or palm sugar,
and chopped garlic. Fresh vege and hot wok are important, soy sauce
may substitute for fish sauce, and white sugar for palm sugar. Use
an oil of high smoking point. Spring onion, young coriander leaves
and shallots are helpful too.
- EnglishBy Oriole2015-03-10• 583 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 3 3
- How do you cook a typical Thai stir-fried vegetables dish?
- What are the key condiments that give it the unique flavor, other than vegetables?
- Note the alternative or combined usage of oyster sauce, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
- What vegetable oils will be suitable? (all oils are OK, but the ones with higher smoking points will caramelize better with less coating of your kitchen with a film of oil).
- blog, food, fun, travel
- Travel blogs are big literature business because each of us is a
vagabond with unquenched wanderlust. Modern Marco Polos - male and
female entrepreneurs - are feeding the Web with their travel
adventures, photos, advice, money-saving tips, and videos. They
share their dreams and experience of distant lands and foods. Here
is a list of the top 100 travel blogs - mostly by streetwise,
worldly smart, individuals, couples, and families. This list is
based on a ranking at NomadicSamuel.com.
- EnglishBy poncho2015-02-20• 367 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- Where can I find the best travel blogs?
- What advise, images, adventure stories, cost-saving tips do they offer?
- Let me view their photos and videos.
- cooking, food, recipe, thermomix
- Most reviewers agree Thermonix functions well as an all-in-one
kitchen appliance that combines blender, processor, kneader,
chopper, mixer, steamer, crock-Pot, timer and kitchen scale. They
generally agree it saves space, is cheaper compared with buying
multiple devices, and that its finely-tuned design beats
competitors'. Their main criticisms are it's high price, difficult
availabilty in the US, limit to family-size capacity, and perhaps
its lack of bake and roast capabilities.
- EnglishBy saengch2013-11-05• 2,096 Views1 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
8 5 1 8
- To find out basic details about Thermomix kitchen appliance from German manufacturer Vorwerk,
- To see if reviewers find it worthwhile to buy Thermomix,
- To bookmark recipes and resources on Thermomix (see Chops sectioni).
Thermomix generally receives positive reviews. Most criticisms surround these issues:
- High price,
- Non-existent sales effort in the US - apparently due to legal constraints,
- Small capacity relative to large families or industry/restaurant use,
- Tending toward convenience for warm soupy recipes,
- Can't bake and roast.
- air_fryer, cooking, food, low-fat_fryer, non-oil_fryer, recipe, thermomix
- These heat-and-air fryers may just satisfy our craving for fried
chicken wings and other fried food. Some times called non-oil
fryers, these are actually low-fat, air-fryers. They would
complement Thermomix, which can do everything else except frying.
The reviews are generally favorable. A light dose of oil or spray
is still needed to seal in the moisture - unless the food itself is
already fatty. I don't sell these machines - just researching for
myself - and might as well record the results
- EnglishBy saengch2014-12-02• 4,863 Views0 Like0 Dislike3 Subscribers
6 4 1
- What are air fryer machines? What are available out there?
- How do I use them?
- What can they fry?
- Do they really cut down on frying oil?
- food, mexican, recipe
- These guacamole recipes are fun to learn, easy to make, and
tasty to eat. Guacamole is a versatile avocado-based sauce - a
Mexican cuisine, a dip, condiment and salad ingredient. It is made
by mashing ripe avocados in a mortar and pestle. Some recipes call
for tomato, onion, garlic, lime juice, and chili. The name
literally translates to "avocado sauce", from āhuacatl ("avocado")
+ molli ("sauce").
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-09-01• 208 Views2 Likes0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 3 4
To learn to make guacamole through videos and recipes. To understand slight variations and innovations. Tips to prevent darkening of guacamole from oxidation:
Directly cover surface with plastic wrap to prevent the air from reaching it,
Cover with cool boiled water and drain before serving, or
- Coat surface with lime or lemon juice.
- food, fun, kitchen, recipe
- How do you peel garlic cloves in 10 seconds? Using regular
kitchen utensils, how do you elegantly peel kiwi and mangoes? How
about the bothersome pomegranate? We show variation in methods so
you get a better handle.
- EnglishBy poncho2014-10-30• 221 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
10 7 1 1
- How can I peel garlic simply, quickly, and beautifully?
- How can I peel kiwi, mango, pomegrante, orange, tangerine, potatoes, boiled eggs?
- How can I slice, dice, or make watermelon stick?
- How can I core a lettuce in 2 seconds?
- Can I see all these in short videos?
- food, fun, mythbuster, recipe, science
- Dishwasher cooking is no urban myth. And it's environmentally
friendly. Most suitable for poaching and low-temperaure cooking,
dishwashers can do a lot, provided you know it's limitations
(primarily low temperature) and how to compensate for them (more
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-01-11• 549 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 4 2
- To show how and what to cook in your dishwaster,
- To list recipes you can use to impress you guests,
- To know the limits of dishwasher cookie, and how to compensate for them.
- breakfast, diet, exercise, food, health, recipe
- What are some common, convenient, tasty, yet creative and cheap
food to maintain a healthy you? Here is a list of lists of tips
from LifeHack.org. Honey mustard, mangos, avocados, strawberries
and a little wine are of course there. But coffee, bacon, chocolate
and peanut butter? Some surprising ideas are rich, against
intuition and break a few myths.
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-10-16• 100 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- Tell me about healthy food ideas in attractive pictures and quick tips,
- Tell me about bad food and food myths - again in nice pictures and quick bites.
- food, recipe, soup, thai, thailand
- Who can forget Thailand's Tom Yum Goong? This hot and sour soup
of prawn, seafood, and perhaps chicken is an easy dish to make.
Remember to add the softer ingredients and prawns last. The main
challenge is often getting the unusual ingredients, such as,
galangal, fish sauce, and kaffir lime leaves. Hence I have linked
to online sources (I make money out of the Google ads, not from
these links). Pre-packaged pastes often work out well.
- EnglishBy poncho2014-10-15• 290 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- How is Tom Yum Goong made?
- What ingredients do I need?
- What variations could I experiment with?
- Where can I find some of the more exotic ingredients?
- education, food, fun, home, list, tax, tip
- How many of these 48 sets of "13 Things" did you not know about
beauty, education, eating out, flying, home, car, finance, taxes?
How many more secrets do experts not tell you? Here are tons of
empowering tips and trivia knowledge from Reader's Digest, which
had asked the experts for your enlightenment.
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-08-27• 660 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
32 16 1
Learn secrets like these:
- 13 Things Lottery Winners Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things Hair Stylists Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things Plastic Surgeons Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Pilot Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Flight Attendant Won’t Tell You
- 13 Secrets Reality TV Show Producers Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things An Identity Thief Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things Your Dermatologist Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Tutoring Centers Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About Mustaches
- 13 Things Your Mother-in-Law Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Kid’s Principal Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things a Burglar Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Locksmith Won’t Tell You
- 13 More Things Your Plumber Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Car Dealer Won’t Tell You
- 13+ Things Your Pizza Guy Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things a Stand-Up Comedian Won’t Tell You
- 13 Things Your Pharmacist Won’t Tell You
- children, education, food, parenting, personality
- Self-esteem, confidence, joy, managing tantrum, bully-proofing -
don't we wish them on our kids. Good habits in eating, playing,
learning, reading - that would be ideal. Learning apps,
entrepreneurship and money sense - what can be more desirable?
Then, look up these 273 free tips from LifeHack.org. Take your time
absorbing these gems - register with Readish and collect this into
your personal reading list.
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-07-10• 644 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
13 11 2
So many things to learn to be parent:
- How do I build self-esteem, confidence, joy, good habits in my kids?
- What should I say or avoid saying to children?
- How do I help them control their tantrum, punish when necessary, and help them avoid bulling?
- How can they build good eating, playing, and learning habits?
- What apps or web site will make them smart through fun?
- How do I gently introduce them to entrepreneurship, money, and survival?