- college, free_course, high_school, homeschool, mooc, online_course
- Web schools are increasingly open, free, varied, and effective.
This is a list of online schools and MOOCs that are not "fenced" up
virtually and open to all of us. It's now up to us to find courses
suitable to us, organize them, and spend time studying the
- EnglishBy chaiseri2013-09-05• 1,122 Views1 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
21 11 1 16
This Web list collects web sites that provide open and free learning resources. Preferably, these sites should allow users to view courses without signing in.
- college, critical_thinking, high_school, logic, philosophy
- "Are you confident you can reason clearly? Are you able to
convince others of your point of view? Are you able to give
plausible reasons for believing what you believe? Do you sometimes
read arguments in the newspapers, hear them on the television, or
in the pub and wish you knew how to confidently evaluate
The audio does fade in and out.
- EnglishBy Rothy2016-10-02• 31 Views0 Like0 Dislike3 Subscribers
2 6 1
In Marrianne Talbot's six-part course, "you will learn all about arguments, how to identify them, how to evaluate them, and how not to mistake bad arguments for good."
- children, college, education, high_school, success
- High school is a safe time to let children take risk, fail,
learn, and grow strength of character - or grit. Protective parents
can hurt the child, who may acquire a mentality of entitlement and
not the mental muscles to recover from a fall. This Web list is
inspired by Jennifer Meer's article "My parents let me fail,
which taught me how to live" and Salman Khan's view.
- EnglishBy degree62014-09-26• 646 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 6 3 5
- Why will Salman Khan not tell his son he's smart?
- Why did Jennifer Meer's parents let her fail, and how did she benefit?
- Why should you let your children take risk, fail, and learn the consequence?
- What if you over-protect?
- austrian_economic, cartoon, children, comic, disney, duck_tale, high_school
- Robert Anthony Peters explains the underlying economic lessons
behind three Duck Tales. He pointed out that the creator of Duck
Tales, Carl Barks, had a sharp eye on how the individuals can
become millionnaires, building on subjective value, mutual gain
from trades, and entrepreneurship.
- EnglishBy Rothy2015-07-20• 579 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- What economic lessons can I learn from Duck Tales?
- How has the Duck clan illustrated the paths to poverty and richness?
- Where can I find the comics?
- Where can I find a well-written article guiding us through the Austrian economic lessons of Duck Tales?
- aquarium, biology, high_school, hobby, infusoria, marine, microorganism, rotifer, science
- Rotifers are freshwater and marine microorganisms that we can
raise at home and feed to marine fish and other larvaes. Here are
videos of how rotifers look and move, and how they are used to feed
young fish and shrimps. The second section collects tutorials on
how to raise and harvest marine rotifers.
- EnglishBy Echi_the_Sea_Biscuit2015-07-12• 647 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 7 3
- What are rotifers, what do they look like?
- What are they for? What fish fries will feed on them?
- How do I grow them at home?
- What food do I feed them?
- How do I harvest them?
- education, free_course, high_school, homeschool
- Khan Academy's rich repertoire of free courses emphasize videos,
practices, feedback, and community questions. These create a highly
interactive, personalized, and self-paced learning environment.
Courses flow naturally like streams, leading the students through
his or her own paths, bends, stepping stones, discoveries, and
rewards. Students are motivated with points and badges. Teachers
and parents are supported with tutorials, PDF files and real-time
- EnglishBy chaiseri2013-09-05• 1,244 Views2 Likes0 Dislike3 Subscribers
8 3 2
We explore the free learning site Khan Academy. First, we focus on student resources, including the areas of:
- Science and economics,
- Computer science,
- Exam preparation.
The "Chops" section explores tools for the "coaches" - parents and teachers.
- children, elementary_school, english, high_school, homeschool, literature
- How does a child of 12 travel from Bulgaria by sea to Italy,
walk across the Europe to Denmark? How does a child raised in
concentration camp know orange is edible? How does he know who to
trust and who not to? Does he know about smile? Why does he find
his way to Denmark? Find out from this multiple award-winning, Best
Scandinavian Children's Book by Anne Holm.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-12-11• 1,789 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 6 3
- Background info about the young adult book I am David,
- Reviews of the book,
- Study guide and workbook for students reading this book,
- Maps that may help illustrate the story,
- Movie and questions regarding the book,
- Students' works and creative writings about this book.
- common_$ense_economic, economic, high_school
- Where can I find a beginner's economic course that is both free
and of high quality? Common $ense Economics is a free, 6-week,
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). It covers scarcity, gains
from trade, marginal decision-making, supply and demand, profits
and losses, sources of economic growth, the invisible hand, the
rule of law, private ownership, competition, monetary stability,
low taxes, open trade, the Role of Government, and practical
- EnglishBy Rothy2015-01-30• 550 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- Where can I find a free introductory economic course online?
- What key economic principles does it cover?
- How are the course modules structured?
- Who wrote the course and how experienced are they?
- What do other teachers and students say about this course?
- What books or materials does it use? Do I have to buy the book? (No)
- audiobook, girl, high_school, history, holocaust, literature, wwii
- What inspired Anne Frank to prepare her diary for eventual
publication? It is this radio speech by Dutch minister Bolkestein:
"History cannot be written on the basis of official decisions and
documents alone. If our descendants are to understand fully what we
as a nation have had to endure and overcome during these years,
then what we really need are ordinary documents -- a diary, letters
from a worker in Germany, a collection of sermons given by a parson
or priest ..."
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-05-18• 3,236 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
10 14 12
- Are there audiobook and video dramatization about Anne Frank and diary?
- Tell me interesting background facts about Anne Frank.
- The building she hid in, her grave, and museums - can I visit them online?
- Where can I find study guides, excerpts, and arts about her and her diary?
- astronomy, children, high_school, hobby, science
- Meteor showers are common - appearing every few weeks throughout
the year. The trick is to know which are the major shows, what
days, direction, time of night, and location to view them. Geminids
and Perseids are the reliables; Leonids is famous but
temperamental; Quadrantics are the dark horse. Follow them on
meteor calendar, learn their characters, avoid the moon and light
pollution, wait past mindnight for the bugs-on-the-windshield
effect, and bring a cup of hot chocolate.
- EnglishBy chaiseri2015-01-30• 624 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 6 3 2
- Which are the major meteor showers and how are they named?
- How is each meteor shower different from the others?
- How can I best view these meteor showers?
- On which days and time can I view them?
- What kind of location and what should I prepare to view them?
- career, college, health, high_school, job
- Chemical engineers have the higest median life-time earning, but
economic majors who are at the top percentile do even better,
according to the Hamilton Project. Check out your earnings
potential at their interactive chart. in contrast, the Bureau of
Labor statistics says the top earners are surgeons and other
medical professionals associated with lengthy training and
licensing restrictions. Both, of course, did not mention
- EnglishBy degree62014-11-06• 685 Views0 Like0 Dislike4 Subscribers
- Who have the top paying jobs according to the Hamilton Project?
- How do the engineering and economic majors differ in their median incomes, vs their top-percentile incomes?
- Where can I find specific data and chart on income levels for other education levels and specializations?
- Who are the top earners according to the Bureau of Labor statistics?
- android, free_course, high_school, ios, iphone, mobile_app, programming, udemy
- Need to program Android or iOS apps? Udemy offers several free
courses on mobile app programming - for Android and
We recommend you explore Udemy's large pool of excellent
courses. Many are free, others charge a reasonably fee.You need to
sign in to enrol in the free courses
- EnglishBy chaiseri2014-01-22• 413 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 7 3
- To learn about mobile app programming,
- To learn to program apps for Android,
- To learn to program apps for iPhone or iOS,
- To list only free courses from Udemy.