- college, free_course, high_school, homeschool, mooc, online_course
- Web schools are increasingly open, free, varied, and effective.
This is a list of online schools and MOOCs that are not "fenced" up
virtually and open to all of us. It's now up to us to find courses
suitable to us, organize them, and spend time studying the
- EnglishBy chaiseri2013-09-05• 1,185 Views1 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
21 11 1 16
This Web list collects web sites that provide open and free learning resources. Preferably, these sites should allow users to view courses without signing in.
- education, free_course, high_school, homeschool
- Khan Academy's rich repertoire of free courses emphasize videos,
practices, feedback, and community questions. These create a highly
interactive, personalized, and self-paced learning environment.
Courses flow naturally like streams, leading the students through
his or her own paths, bends, stepping stones, discoveries, and
rewards. Students are motivated with points and badges. Teachers
and parents are supported with tutorials, PDF files and real-time
- EnglishBy chaiseri2013-09-05• 1,318 Views2 Likes0 Dislike3 Subscribers
8 3 2
We explore the free learning site Khan Academy. First, we focus on student resources, including the areas of:
- Science and economics,
- Computer science,
- Exam preparation.
The "Chops" section explores tools for the "coaches" - parents and teachers.
- children, elementary_school, english, high_school, homeschool, literature
- How does a child of 12 travel from Bulgaria by sea to Italy,
walk across the Europe to Denmark? How does a child raised in
concentration camp know orange is edible? How does he know who to
trust and who not to? Does he know about smile? Why does he find
his way to Denmark? Find out from this multiple award-winning, Best
Scandinavian Children's Book by Anne Holm.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-12-11• 2,025 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 6 3
- Background info about the young adult book I am David,
- Reviews of the book,
- Study guide and workbook for students reading this book,
- Maps that may help illustrate the story,
- Movie and questions regarding the book,
- Students' works and creative writings about this book.
- college, free_course, homeschool
- Udacity offers 36 college-level, free, online courses, and
attracts hundreds of thousands of students worldwide. Still
essentially a computer science learning site, it has expanded to
business, design, math, and sciences. It uses short videos,
practices, problem sets, and assignments. Students may obtain a
certificate, and may opt to pay for credit.
- EnglishBy chaiseri2013-09-05• 786 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 1 3
This course aims to:
- Introduce Udacity's high-quality course choices (still mostly in Computer Science),
- Focus on a few courses as examples.
- biology, free_course, high_school, homeschool, science
- Biology is more fun on the web! We bookmark web sites that offer
free online biology lessons for high school students. Videos and
JAVA applets are ideal for virtual labs to supplement classroom
learning. In the "Chops" section, we highlight interactive
materials, quizzes, and practical videos.
- EnglishBy chaiseri2013-09-05• 1,319 Views4 Likes1 Dislike5 Subscribers
10 13 2 9
This Readish course aims
- To list free high school biology learning sites,
- To make these sites easily available on a daily basis,
- To encourage the teachers or students make their own customized biology courses at Readish.
- children, chinese, game, homeschool, language
- This course links to more than 150 games and interactive
activities for learning beginner's Chinese - vocabulary,
pronunciation, character, and intonation. It also bookmarks more
than 600 quizzes for students of various levels of proficiency in
Chinese language and topics. The Chops section ponits to videos,
songs, and games with Chinese cultural theme.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-03-02• 5,853 Views1 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
20 9 21
To link to free browser games and interactive lessons that teach beginner's Chinese, inlcuding:
- Pronunciation - audio and the pinyin system,
- Characters and writing,
- Intonation and audio demonstration,
- Video lessons, songs,
- Games with cultural theme.
- children, education, elementary_school, game, homeschool, interactive, preschool
- This is a "super" course that links to my other courses about
children's learning games. These courses currently bookmark 2,000
free language and literacy arts games or intereactive lessons,
1,000 math games, 800 science games, and 300 music games. Select
your own games from among them, and customize your own courses.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-10-29• 747 Views1 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
To make it easier to find my other courses about children's learning games.
- children, game, history, homeschool, interactive, preschool, quiz, social_study
- This web list points to 700 children's history games, quizzes,
and interactive lessons. However, compared to other subjects, such
as math and music, the history subject lends itself less to the
format of "pure" game, but rather more of "semi-games," i.e.,
interactive lessons, quizzes, puzzles, and interactive historical
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-01-19• 854 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
22 11 9
- To make history interesting to primary school children,
- To find history games that can be played on web browser, without having to download apps,
- To find interactive lessons, animations, interactive maps, quizzes, puzzles, and other media on history.
- children, elementary_school, game, homeschool, language, spanish
- This course points to 500 Spanish language games, quizzes, and
interactive lessons for children. That is not counting thousands of
quizzes at Quia and PurposeGames, also listed here.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-01-25• 1,277 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
31 23 16
To help children learn Spanish, by building a web list of:
- Interactive lessons,
- Quia quizzes and games,
- PurposeGames quizzes and games,
- Other teaching resources, such as interactive activities, printouts, worksheets, presentation, etc.
- children, elementary_school, french, game, homeschool, language
- This web list links to 200 children's free games and more than
7,000 quizzes on learning French. Many include pronunciation help.
Most are vocabulary games. The Chops section also include videos,
more pronunciation interactive lessons and teaching resources.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-02-22• 2,538 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
21 22 15
- More than 200 children's games for learning French,
- Quia's 7,000 quizzes and games about learning French,
- Video for learning beginner's French,
- Interactive lessons that teach French vocabular and pronunciation,
- Teacher's resources: Activities, presentations, worksheets,
- Children's Games in French (not specifically for language learning).
- children, elementary_school, game, german, homeschool, language
- Even adults can learn German by playing children's
games! This course links to over 200 children's free games and
interactive lessons for learning German. Additionally, it links to
over 2,000 quizzes.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-02-09• 2,676 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
20 14 1 21
To link to free web media to help children learn German language, including:
- Interactive lessons and activities,
- Teaching resources, such as presentations and worksheets,
- Video lessons.
- children, geography, homeschool, interactive, preschool, quiz, social_study
- This web list collects 600 children's geography games, quizzes,
interactive maps, and lessons. Geography web games are more often
designed as interactive map and quizzes, and less often as "pure"
Remember to check out the 360-degree panorama sites at the
bottom of the Chops section!
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-01-19• 654 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
33 15 1 10
- To make geography interesting to primary school children,
- To find games that can be played on web browser, without downloading apps,
- To find interactive lessons, animations, interactive maps, quizzes, puzzles, and other media on geography.
- college, elementary_school, high_school, homeschool, learning_resource, teaching_resource, video, web_media, youtube
- YouTube's educational videos can be funny and effective. To
improve access, YouTube has auto-generated "educational channels"
under these grades: Primary & Secondary (green icons),
University (red), and LIfelong Learning (yellow). Many high quality
videos come from YouTube's partners, who are teachers and
- EnglishBy chaiseri2014-02-12• 158 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
16 17 7
- YouTube organize its Education channels into 3 levels:
- Primary & Secondary (Green icon),
- University (Red icon),
- Lifelong Learning (Yellow icon).
- Link to 4 channels under Primary & Secondary Education
- Link to 8 channels under University Education,
- Link to YouTube partner channels, eg, Vsauce, MinutePhysics.
- chemistry, free_course, high_school, homeschool, science
- We bookmark web sites that offer free online chemistry lessons
for high school students. The "Chops" section lists additional
interactive materials, quizzes, and videos.
- EnglishBy chaiseri2013-09-09• 471 Views0 Like0 Dislike7 Subscribers
7 8 1 13
This Readish course aims
- To list free high school chemistry learning sites,
- To make these sites easily available on a daily basis,
- To highlight their resources in lecture notes, videos, presentations, animations, quizzes, and textbooks,
- To interest the teachers in making their own customized courses.