- children, elementary_school, english, high_school, homeschool, literature
- How does a child of 12 travel from Bulgaria by sea to Italy,
walk across the Europe to Denmark? How does a child raised in
concentration camp know orange is edible? How does he know who to
trust and who not to? Does he know about smile? Why does he find
his way to Denmark? Find out from this multiple award-winning, Best
Scandinavian Children's Book by Anne Holm.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-12-11• 1,964 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 6 3
- Background info about the young adult book I am David,
- Reviews of the book,
- Study guide and workbook for students reading this book,
- Maps that may help illustrate the story,
- Movie and questions regarding the book,
- Students' works and creative writings about this book.
- audiobook, girl, high_school, history, holocaust, literature, wwii
- What inspired Anne Frank to prepare her diary for eventual
publication? It is this radio speech by Dutch minister Bolkestein:
"History cannot be written on the basis of official decisions and
documents alone. If our descendants are to understand fully what we
as a nation have had to endure and overcome during these years,
then what we really need are ordinary documents -- a diary, letters
from a worker in Germany, a collection of sermons given by a parson
or priest ..."
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-05-18• 3,317 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
10 14 12
- Are there audiobook and video dramatization about Anne Frank and diary?
- Tell me interesting background facts about Anne Frank.
- The building she hid in, her grave, and museums - can I visit them online?
- Where can I find study guides, excerpts, and arts about her and her diary?
- college, english, literature, poem
- He told God he had More, and was sent to prison along with the
priest and witness who married them. His flea was his matchmaker.
He told Death to die, commissioning a portrait of his own rise at
the Apocalyse. A spellbinding preacher, and a metaphysical poet,
Donne was born in a period of religious and political turmoil in
Europe (much like today's Islamic world) and masterfully mingled
deep sense of personal sin, faith, and redemption in his poems -
when not wrting about love.
- EnglishBy chaiseri2014-10-20• 735 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 5 2
- To listen to John Donne's poems as read by great voice actors,
- To appreciate the text,
- To enjoy John Donne through quotes and images of his poems,
- To learn the background, analysis, and to learn from study guides.
- audiobook, college, english, high_school, literature, russian, tolstoy
- Declared to be "flawless magic," Tolstoy's Anna Karenina
commands enduring popularity, having 10 movies and TV series
remakes since 1935. The eight-part Russian novel tells of the
tragic story of a married aristocratic socialite and her affair
with the affluent Count Vronsky. It explores Russia's feudal system
and politics - at the government, family, and individual levels -
as well as religion, morality, gender and social class.
- EnglishBy degree62014-04-08• 305 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
7 10 5
To make a Web list to learn about Anna Karenina, linking to:
- e-Text in various formats (1901 Constance Gannett translation),
- Study guides.
- fun, geography, high_school, history, literature, personality_test, quiz, travel
- These are as close to serious quizzes as we can find on
PlayBuzz.com. May be they will be good excuse to keep playing
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-08-08• 1,129 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- Do you know your English, geography, history, literature, math, biology?
- Test yourself on PlayBuzz.com and learn something today.
- english, high_school, holiday, literature, quiz, the_guardian
- Do you know your Sherlock Holmes and banned books? This Web list
collects 79 quizzes about literature from The Guardian newspaper of
the UK. Each quiz contains up to 10 questions about monsters,
revolutionaries, crime, pets, love, hatred, religion, season,
classic, authors, classics, shakespeare, and more.
- EnglishBy degree62014-08-17• 366 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
54 25 3
To take quizzes about classical literature and learn about them at the same time.
- children, literature, poem, poetry, quiz
- These are 41 quizzes on children's novels, rhymes, and poems
from the British newspaper The Guardian. Each quiz contains up to
10 questions on topics ranging from Dr. Seuss, nursery rhymes,
Roald Dahl, horses, wolves, elephants, Christmas, Halloween, queens
and witches, monsters and fairies.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-08-17• 1,121 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
18 23 3
Test yourself on children's literature, and learn from it!
- audiobook, children, french, high_school, literature
- The Little Prince is a whimsical and poetic novella by the
French aristocrat, writer, and pioneering aviator Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry. It is the most-read and most-translated book in the
French language, and was voted the best book of the 20th century in
France. It has been translated into 250 languages, adapted into 17
audio productions, 16 films, 13 ballets and operas, 13 dramas ...
but we risk becoming "like the grown-ups who are no longer
interested in anything but figures."
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-04-24• 1,458 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
10 10 1 10
All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember ...
- The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart.
- It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.
- You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
- What makes the desert beautiful ... is that somewhere it hides a well.
- A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
- Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.
- audiobook, canada, children, english, girl, literature
- This red-hair girl in a straw hat has inspired a museum, tourism
on Prince Edward Island, fan fiction, a musical, and Japanese
tourists. Anne of Green Gables is one of the most popular
characters in Children's literature. Many sequels, audiobooks and
movies have been created based on L.M. Montgomery's young and
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-04-22• 870 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 14 1 3
- How many versions of audiobooks can we choose from?
- Where can I find the eText of Anne of Green Gables?
- What fun parks and places about Anne are open for me to visit?
- What other media are available about Anne? Maps, museum, movie, study guide, and fan fiction.
- audiobook, children, ebook, english, lewis_carroll, literature
- What happens when imagination runs wild, but words are in
control? How does a children's non-sensical text from 1865 spark so
many young minds? In this course, we'll have the characters roam
free, by collecting multiple audiobooks and text in an easily
Repeatedly listening to professionally read literature may be
the best way to strengthen the child's language mastery. What
better novel to use than the rich and imaginative Alice in
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-01-11• 737 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 6 6
To collect multiple media about Alice's Adventures in Wonderland:
- Several versions of audiobooks,
- HTML, ePub, and other text,
- Wikipedia entry,
- Book reviews,
- college, english, high_school, literature
- Before The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbits, there was Beowulf.
In fact, you can detect monsters and dragons from Beowulf in J.R.R.
Tolkien's works. Tolkien and other Beowulf fans - scholarly and
otherwise - have written lots of intepretations, translations, and
created videos, audiobooks, animations and documentaries, which we
bookmark in the Dishes section. We further bookmark a dozen study
guides in the Chops section.
- EnglishBy degree62013-11-27• 863 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
13 12 14
Hero against monsters and dragon! What are the web media that'll help us appreciate Beowulf, the Old English epic poem, particularly,
- encyclodedia overview,
- translated text by various scholars,
- video lectures, notes, analysis, animation, documentaries,
- lots of study guides (with their summaries, character lists, analyses, quizzes, study questions, essay guides, etc).
- audiobook, children, english, high_school, literature
- Huckleberry Finn comes alive in Marc Devine's recording, which
became one of the most popular on iTune for 3 years. We start with
SparkNotes' animation as intro, Wikipedia's wholesome overview,
then plunges into 43 audio files. Clicking an MP3 link will open
and run it in most browsers.
- EnglishBy Readish-Help2013-04-23• 702 Views2 Likes0 Dislike1 Subscriber
45 4 3
This course aims to:
- Introduce you to Marc Devine's excellent recording of the novel,
- Organize 43 chapters in MP3 files for easy access,
- Help you track which files you have listened to, by marking your last-read item with pink background,
- Link to ebooks in ePub, Kindle, and HTML formats.
- adventure, audiobook, children, english, high_school, literature, pirate
- Before Cap'n Sparrow and Barbossa, there was Long John Silver.
Treasure Island is the orginal pirate adventure, full of tension
and action, featuring treasure map with an "X," plus a parrot on
the shoulder - pre-dating Barbossa's monkey. The one-wooden-leg
prototype probably inspired hooked-arm and glass-eyed villains in
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-04-14• 745 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 11 6
Where can I:
- Download free audiobooks of Treasure Island?
- View videos about Treasure Island?
- Download the eBooks for free?
- Find study notes?
- Play with quizzes about Treasure Island?
- adventure, audiobook, children, dafoe, english, high_school, literature, robinsonade
- Its original, lengthy, title says it all: The Life and Strange
Surprizing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, Of York, Mariner: Who
lived Eight and Twenty Years, all alone in an un-inhabited Island
on the Coast of America, near the Mouth of the Great River of
Oroonoque; Having been cast on Shore by Shipwreck, wherein all the
Men perished but himself. With An Account how he was at last as
strangely deliver'd by Pyrates.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-04-12• 836 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 13 1 6
- Where can I find Robin Crusoe audiobooks?
- Where can I find the one-syllabus word version for children?
- What are the study guides and eBook text?
- audiobook, children, girl, literature, swiss
- Though orphaned, Heidi cheered her Alps community, moved her
reclusive grandfather to return to the church, helped heal the rich
but invalid Clara, and touched every one she came into contact
with. Between Frankfurt and the Swiss Alps, she fared better in the
highland air. This is her story.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-04-29• 437 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 8 5
- Who is Heidi?
- How can I find free audiobooks and ebooks on Heidi?
- Where can I view movies, images, and maps of the location?
- adventure, audiobook, children, english, literature, robinsonade
- The most endearing among the classical adventure stories, The
Swiss Family Robinson spawns many versions of audiobooks, movies,
TV series, animation, and even a treehouse at Disneyland. Family,
hardwork, curiosity, organization, human resourcefulness in the
face of nature's scarcity and abundance are at the heart of its
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-04-15• 806 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 9 9
About The Swiss Family Robinson:
- Where can I listen to or download the audiobooks or MP3 to listen on my iPad, phone, or table?
- Where can I read or download the eText?
- What book review, images and movies can I see on the Web?