- drink, food, holiday, malaysia, penang, travel
- Penang is a top-10 island to visit before you die. It's #8 in
Top 40 Hot Spots to go to in 2014; one of 8 great places to retire.
Penang offers top 10 street food in Asia, and in the world. It is
where you can enjoy the 6th most delicious drink in the world, and
3 of the top 10 drinks in Southeast Asia. Compare the 4 lists of
attractions below, hopefully you will find the places you would
most enjoy exploring.
- EnglishBy saengch2013-12-23• 1,060 Views2 Likes0 Dislike7 Subscribers
13 19 3 16
- To highlight why Penang is worth visiting - food, drinks, life, arts,
- To compare 4 lists of tourist attractions - so you can make up your own mind about what best suit your fancy,
- To see how Penang street food and drinks rank in the world,
- To highlight recent street arts and their locations,
- To list images and panoramas of Penang.
Please suggest more places and articles to add to this list, especially those at Balik Pulau.
- curry, durian, flower, food, indonesia, malaysia, recipe, thailand
- Durian flowers or blossoms is a rare treat because the trees
blooms only for a few days, normally only once a year. Preparation
is also labor-intensive. Hence restaurants do not serve them.
Durian flowers can be stir fried with meat, belacan (fermented
shrimp cake), or cookied in curry.
- EnglishBy saengch2014-03-18• 1,392 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 4 1
- How to collect durian blossoms,
- How to clean and prepare them,
- How to cook them.
- kedah, malaysia
- No, this is not an Internet hoax. There is a real, 2.3-km,
cable-suspended, concrete, bridge just for your angling pleasure.
The US$40-million Pulau Bunting Bridge in Kedah, northern
Malaysia, links the mainland to an uninhabited island without any
industry. The fishing and photography haven, however, comes without
any public toilets. (This Pulau Bunting is not to be confused with
Pulau Dayang Bunting of Langkawi islands, also part of Kedah.)
- EnglishBy saengch2014-12-02• 724 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 2 7
- Is the Pulau Bunting Bridge an Internet hoax or is it real?
- Where is it located?
- How does it look?
- How do I get there?
- hawker_food, holiday, malaysia, penang, travel
- What might families enjoy in Penang, Malaysia? What do reviewers
say about each attraction? We start from the ferry terminal, course
through the city, northwest for kid-friendly attractions, south to
Balik Pulau, swing around to the War Museum, aquarium, and plane
spotting. Then perhaps cross the bridge to the mainland, for a
little natural wonder - flireflies on river bank.
Please make your suggestions via Comments. The "Chops" section
includes reviews about local hawker food.
- EnglishBy saengch2013-12-27• 1,892 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
60 10 1 7
To plot a course around Penang island, Malaysia, that a family with children might enjoy. These attractions will take perhaps 3-5 days to explore.
- craft, malaysia, thailand, traditional_game
- Bamboo gun, or "bedil buluh" in Malay, is a traditional Malay
game, but it is also played in other Southeast Asia countries and
Taiwan. You can use "buah cenerai" or wet newspaper pellets for
bullets. The "modernized" and safer version may use drinking straw
and rolled-up wet tissue paper. Interestingly, a series of copycat
bloggers apparently built on one another's writings and images, and
eventually left an enriched set of instruction about how to build
this traditional toy.
- EnglishBy saengch2013-12-06• 2,237 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 3 5
- Learn to make bamboo BB gun,
- Learn what can be used for its bullets,
- See how the Internet is helping to preserve a traditional toy and craft.