- curry, durian, flower, food, indonesia, malaysia, recipe, thailand
- Durian flowers or blossoms is a rare treat because the trees
blooms only for a few days, normally only once a year. Preparation
is also labor-intensive. Hence restaurants do not serve them.
Durian flowers can be stir fried with meat, belacan (fermented
shrimp cake), or cookied in curry.
- EnglishBy saengch2014-03-18• 1,551 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 4 1
- How to collect durian blossoms,
- How to clean and prepare them,
- How to cook them.
- food, recipe, thai, thailand, vegetarian
- What secret ingredients give the unique flavors
to Thai-style stir-fried vegetables (Pad phak ruam mitr)?
Amidst hundreds of recipes online, note these ingredients - in this
order of importance - fish or oyster sauce, brown or palm sugar,
and chopped garlic. Fresh vege and hot wok are important, soy sauce
may substitute for fish sauce, and white sugar for palm sugar. Use
an oil of high smoking point. Spring onion, young coriander leaves
and shallots are helpful too.
- EnglishBy Oriole2015-03-10• 638 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 3 3
- How do you cook a typical Thai stir-fried vegetables dish?
- What are the key condiments that give it the unique flavor, other than vegetables?
- Note the alternative or combined usage of oyster sauce, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
- What vegetable oils will be suitable? (all oils are OK, but the ones with higher smoking points will caramelize better with less coating of your kitchen with a film of oil).
- cooking, food, recipe, thermomix
- Most reviewers agree Thermonix functions well as an all-in-one
kitchen appliance that combines blender, processor, kneader,
chopper, mixer, steamer, crock-Pot, timer and kitchen scale. They
generally agree it saves space, is cheaper compared with buying
multiple devices, and that its finely-tuned design beats
competitors'. Their main criticisms are it's high price, difficult
availabilty in the US, limit to family-size capacity, and perhaps
its lack of bake and roast capabilities.
- EnglishBy saengch2013-11-05• 2,160 Views1 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
8 5 1 8
- To find out basic details about Thermomix kitchen appliance from German manufacturer Vorwerk,
- To see if reviewers find it worthwhile to buy Thermomix,
- To bookmark recipes and resources on Thermomix (see Chops sectioni).
Thermomix generally receives positive reviews. Most criticisms surround these issues:
- High price,
- Non-existent sales effort in the US - apparently due to legal constraints,
- Small capacity relative to large families or industry/restaurant use,
- Tending toward convenience for warm soupy recipes,
- Can't bake and roast.
- air_fryer, cooking, food, low-fat_fryer, non-oil_fryer, recipe, thermomix
- These heat-and-air fryers may just satisfy our craving for fried
chicken wings and other fried food. Some times called non-oil
fryers, these are actually low-fat, air-fryers. They would
complement Thermomix, which can do everything else except frying.
The reviews are generally favorable. A light dose of oil or spray
is still needed to seal in the moisture - unless the food itself is
already fatty. I don't sell these machines - just researching for
myself - and might as well record the results
- EnglishBy saengch2014-12-02• 5,135 Views0 Like0 Dislike3 Subscribers
6 4 1
- What are air fryer machines? What are available out there?
- How do I use them?
- What can they fry?
- Do they really cut down on frying oil?
- christmas, game, gingerbead_man, holiday, recipe
- A friend of mine ran away and got eaten by the fox. My big
day is June 5, but I'm popular during Christmas as one of the
soldiers in The Nutcracker - fighting the Mouse King. I holiday in
a gingerbread house. People make me big for the Guinness Book of
Records. Besides ballet, I am busy making guest appearances on the
Muppet Show, Facebook, Shrek the movie, and countless music
videos and school performances. Run too fast for Ghostbusters the
movie. This is the story of my life.
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-10-27• 592 Views3 Likes0 Dislike4 Subscribers
6 12 3 8
- animated stories of my unfortunate comrade - the run-away gingerbread man,
- songs, dances, music videos about me,
- my appearence in The Nutcracker,
- 7 games about me,
- my special day - The National Gingerbread Man Day,
- recipes and Wikipedia aritcles about me,
- the giant me that entered the Guinness Book of Record.
- food, mexican, recipe
- These guacamole recipes are fun to learn, easy to make, and
tasty to eat. Guacamole is a versatile avocado-based sauce - a
Mexican cuisine, a dip, condiment and salad ingredient. It is made
by mashing ripe avocados in a mortar and pestle. Some recipes call
for tomato, onion, garlic, lime juice, and chili. The name
literally translates to "avocado sauce", from āhuacatl ("avocado")
+ molli ("sauce").
- EnglishBy Oriole2013-09-01• 237 Views2 Likes0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 3 4
To learn to make guacamole through videos and recipes. To understand slight variations and innovations. Tips to prevent darkening of guacamole from oxidation:
Directly cover surface with plastic wrap to prevent the air from reaching it,
Cover with cool boiled water and drain before serving, or
- Coat surface with lime or lemon juice.
- food, fun, kitchen, recipe
- How do you peel garlic cloves in 10 seconds? Using regular
kitchen utensils, how do you elegantly peel kiwi and mangoes? How
about the bothersome pomegranate? We show variation in methods so
you get a better handle.
- EnglishBy poncho2014-10-30• 234 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
10 7 1 1
- How can I peel garlic simply, quickly, and beautifully?
- How can I peel kiwi, mango, pomegrante, orange, tangerine, potatoes, boiled eggs?
- How can I slice, dice, or make watermelon stick?
- How can I core a lettuce in 2 seconds?
- Can I see all these in short videos?
- food, fun, mythbuster, recipe, science
- Dishwasher cooking is no urban myth. And it's environmentally
friendly. Most suitable for poaching and low-temperaure cooking,
dishwashers can do a lot, provided you know it's limitations
(primarily low temperature) and how to compensate for them (more
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-01-11• 578 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 4 2
- To show how and what to cook in your dishwaster,
- To list recipes you can use to impress you guests,
- To know the limits of dishwasher cookie, and how to compensate for them.
- breakfast, diet, exercise, food, health, recipe
- What are some common, convenient, tasty, yet creative and cheap
food to maintain a healthy you? Here is a list of lists of tips
from LifeHack.org. Honey mustard, mangos, avocados, strawberries
and a little wine are of course there. But coffee, bacon, chocolate
and peanut butter? Some surprising ideas are rich, against
intuition and break a few myths.
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-10-16• 118 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- Tell me about healthy food ideas in attractive pictures and quick tips,
- Tell me about bad food and food myths - again in nice pictures and quick bites.
- food, recipe, soup, thai, thailand
- Who can forget Thailand's Tom Yum Goong? This hot and sour soup
of prawn, seafood, and perhaps chicken is an easy dish to make.
Remember to add the softer ingredients and prawns last. The main
challenge is often getting the unusual ingredients, such as,
galangal, fish sauce, and kaffir lime leaves. Hence I have linked
to online sources (I make money out of the Google ads, not from
these links). Pre-packaged pastes often work out well.
- EnglishBy poncho2014-10-15• 326 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- How is Tom Yum Goong made?
- What ingredients do I need?
- What variations could I experiment with?
- Where can I find some of the more exotic ingredients?
- entomophagy, food, fun, insect, recipe
- Golly! Is that mealworm chocolate? Ant lollipop? Silk worm
sushi? Sautéed honey bee pupae? Sweet. If deep fried shrimp,
soft-shell crab - legs and all - and escargot, can be gourmet, why
not spicy crickets? Nutty, lemony, crunchy, like popcorn, ... so
they say. Save the Earth with low-carbon emission
protein. Save the cow with mini-livestock. Better yet -
save yourself with high-protein, low-fat, bug's light diet.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-01-08• 213 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
7 7 10
- Find tasty-looking bug feast - in videos and articles,
- Find healthy and nutritious insect recipes.
- Save the cow with mini-livestock (what a concept),
- Save Earth,
- Save yourself!