- children, fun, inspirational, poem, russia, russian
- How do Russians pay it forward? Other than fail compilations,
does Youtube offer kindness compilations? Is there anything to
learn about doing kindness?
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-02-06• 831 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 4 4
This web list links to:
- videos of random acts of kindness,
- poetry, tales, and "instruction" about kindness by strangers,
- some cynical thoughts about kindness,
- caution against putting yourself in danger in the act of kindness.
- alexander_pushkin, aria, eugene_onegin, lensky's_aria, music, opera, russian, tchaikovsky
- Lensky sang this famous Russian aria before his fatal duel
against his good friend, Yevgény Onégin or Eugene Onegin, the
namesake of the opera. Tchaikovsky composed the music and some of
the libretto based on a novel by Alexander Pushkin - the undisputed
master of Russian poetry. The novel is a classic in Russian
literature, and the opera one of the most popular in Russia. It has
been made into several movies, the most recent one starring Liv
- EnglishBy Gardener2014-03-08• 1,268 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 8 12
- To listen to Lensky's aria , from Act II of Eugene Onegin ("Kuda, kuda vï udalilis" Куда, куда вы удалились, весны моей златые дни),
- To link to videos of the opera and movie,
- To learn the background of Eugene Onegin the opera,
- To learn about Eugene Onegin the novel by Alexander Pushkin,
- To link to the music score, synopsis, novel study guide.
- audiobook, college, english, high_school, literature, russian, tolstoy
- Declared to be "flawless magic," Tolstoy's Anna Karenina
commands enduring popularity, having 10 movies and TV series
remakes since 1935. The eight-part Russian novel tells of the
tragic story of a married aristocratic socialite and her affair
with the affluent Count Vronsky. It explores Russia's feudal system
and politics - at the government, family, and individual levels -
as well as religion, morality, gender and social class.
- EnglishBy degree62014-04-08• 308 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
7 10 5
To make a Web list to learn about Anna Karenina, linking to:
- e-Text in various formats (1901 Constance Gannett translation),
- Study guides.
- easter, flower, holiday, music, russian
- What do Breaking Bad, Duchess Middleton, the rock band
Queen, Tchaikovsky, and Tsar's Easter Egg have in common? Lily of
the Valley has inspired them all. These sweet-scented, white,
bell-shaped, flowers are sometimes associated with Easter in
Christian legends. It blooms from April to May, inspiring songs in
France, China, Russia, and America.
- EnglishBy Cloud_92014-03-30• 614 Views1 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
7 13 1 22
- What is Lily of the Valley?
- What songs and cultural practices have it inspired?
- What does it look like and how is it used?
- music, orchestra, russian
- Everybody loves a witty, story-telling queen. Sheherazade is a
symphonic suite, named after the storyteller of The Arabian Nights.
Composed by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov in 1888 with dazzling, colorful
orchestration, it is considered the Russian composer's most popular
work (perhaps other than The Flight of the Bumblebee). Watch the
young musicians' performance, followed by a discussion by conductor
Marin Alsop, and background, images, audio files, and sheet
- EnglishBy Gardener2013-09-24• 1,599 Views2 Likes0 Dislike2 Subscribers
4 4 2 4
- To introduce Scheherazade, a symphonic suite about the queen who told the Arabian Nights stories, or 1001 Nights,
- To introduce Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, the 19th century Russian composer whose symphony sounds as contemporary as a movie soundtrack today.