Selenium IDE is meant for simple, recorded, automated, straight forward, Web testing tasks, such as open Web page, login, and form-flling. More complicated works are usually done with Selenium "Web Driver" where you "drive" it with another script language, such as PHP or Python. But there are ways to add simple condition and arrays to Selenium IDE:
- What is Selenium IDE (formerly Selenium Recorder)?
- How can I download, install, and use it?
- Where can I find tutorials and short videos about Selemium IDE?
- How can I access Selenium IDE's menu? (Maximize its window).
- How do I store variables?
- What is the SideFlow extention that adds IF/WHILE looping capability?
- How do I use arrays, push and retrieve data from arrays?
This Web list does NOT cover the other TWO major Selenium components:
- Selenium "WebDriver" (formerly "RC") which lets you integrate your favorite server-side scripting languages into your tests),
- Selenium "Server."