- food, recipe, thai, thailand, vegetarian
- What secret ingredients give the unique flavors
to Thai-style stir-fried vegetables (Pad phak ruam mitr)?
Amidst hundreds of recipes online, note these ingredients - in this
order of importance - fish or oyster sauce, brown or palm sugar,
and chopped garlic. Fresh vege and hot wok are important, soy sauce
may substitute for fish sauce, and white sugar for palm sugar. Use
an oil of high smoking point. Spring onion, young coriander leaves
and shallots are helpful too.
- EnglishBy Oriole2015-03-10• 590 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 3 3
- How do you cook a typical Thai stir-fried vegetables dish?
- What are the key condiments that give it the unique flavor, other than vegetables?
- Note the alternative or combined usage of oyster sauce, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
- What vegetable oils will be suitable? (all oils are OK, but the ones with higher smoking points will caramelize better with less coating of your kitchen with a film of oil).
- bangkok, fun, map, street_view, thai, thailand, tourism, travel
- Visitors to Bangkok can be overwhelmed by the sprawling
metropolitan. This is a Web quest to help you learn about this City
of the Angels - yes, that is the nickname for Bangkok. Use the
questions below to search for answers and save the links in your
own new Web list (course).
- EnglishBy poncho2014-12-11• 219 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- Copy these Learning Questions, paste into a new "course" of your own.
- Search the Web for answers to these questions about Bangkok.
- Search Wikipedia, Maps, Images, PDFs, articles, etc.
- Save the links you find in your new course or Web list.
- What is the Thai name for Bangkok - yes, the one that is 144-Thai-character-long, that sounds right out of a computer game, that starts with the "City of angels, great city of immortals, ..." (Save that Web link as your first Dish.)
- Which of Bangkok's two airports has the statue depicting the Hindu myth "Churning of the Ocean of Milk?" (Find an image and save the URL.)
- How do you pronounce the names of Bangkok and the Thai international airport? (Hint: You can do it without knowing any Thai. Save the Google Translate full link.)
- If you were to take domestic flight to Chiengmai, what's the name of the domestic airport? (Save whatever link - Wikipedia, map, or Flickr image search)
- Can you find the River Chao Phraya on Google Maps? Save the link of the Google Street View for a river-side antique shopping area. It has a view of the Rama III Bridge to the south.
- What is the main color of the garland at the shrine of the three-headed Erawan? (Hint: use Google Street View. Look for the busy junction within 5 minutes walking distance of Grand Hyat Erawan Hotel, World Trade Center, Gaysorn shopping complexes. If you walk from BTS mass transit's Chidlom station, you would have to pass by a Haagen Dazs ice-cream, Starbucks, and McDonald's)
- You want to go to one of the floating market north of Bangkok. But under what circumstances can you find a tour package costing less than US$50 per pax?
- Can you find the map of the entire the mass transit sytem in Bangkok? There is a good and colorful PDF file somewhere.
- Which is the better view of the Victory Monument big roundabout - Google Street view or 360-degree City panoramic view? (Save both links.)
- ad, commercial, fun, humor, thai, thailand
- Some of the most creative juice in TV ads seems to be from
Thailand. Thais create the funniest commercials. The ads involve
intelligent use of emotion, tension, humor, and catharsis in rapid
- EnglishBy saengch2014-01-04• 601 Views2 Likes0 Dislike6 Subscribers
- To list funny TV commercials or ads from Thailand,
- To showcase the creative talents from Thailand,
- To learn from the use of emotion, tension, and humor compacted into 30 seconds.
- food, recipe, soup, thai, thailand
- Who can forget Thailand's Tom Yum Goong? This hot and sour soup
of prawn, seafood, and perhaps chicken is an easy dish to make.
Remember to add the softer ingredients and prawns last. The main
challenge is often getting the unusual ingredients, such as,
galangal, fish sauce, and kaffir lime leaves. Hence I have linked
to online sources (I make money out of the Google ads, not from
these links). Pre-packaged pastes often work out well.
- EnglishBy poncho2014-10-15• 295 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
- How is Tom Yum Goong made?
- What ingredients do I need?
- What variations could I experiment with?
- Where can I find some of the more exotic ingredients?