- business, data_mining, google_doc, google_spreadsheet, importxml, seo, web_development, web_tool, xpath
- Google Spreadsheet's ImportXML function is easy to use, and can
sometimes look magical. You can use it to grab Web page or blog
title and subtitles, stock prices, or movie info from IMDB.
You can summarize data, extract Wikipedia table, and so much more.
Here is a list of excellent tutorials. Google also has related and
useful spreadsheet functions such as ImportData, ImportHTML,
ImportFeed. What do you do if the new Google Sheet yield
- EnglishBy Durio2015-01-04• 1,424 Views0 Like0 Dislike4 Subscribers
7 10 9
- What is ImortXML from Google Spreadsheet?
- How can I use them? What are some examples of use?
- Where can I find simple and effective tutorials to learn from?
- Where can I find sample codes?
- What other Google Spreadsheet functions are there?
- What do I do if the importXML function yield error about parsing? Try the older Google Sheet http://g.co/oldsheets
- censorship, cyber_security, proxy, web_tool
- Learn about free, stand-alone, software to bypass Internet
censorship. Other than using free Web proxy and changing your DNS,
you can install one of the below free software programs to encrypt,
scramble, obscure your Web browsing.
- EnglishBy Durio2015-07-21• 600 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 4 1
- What software can I use to circumvent Web censorship?
- Which are the more reliable, secure, free software?
- What operating systems can they be installed upon?
- programming, web_tool, xml, xpath, xquery, xslt
- XPath is a query language that helps us navigate XML documents,
which includes all Web pages. XQuery is the richer set of parent
query language. With XPath and XQuery, our Web programs can explore
and crawl through the Web like it is a forest, and up and down the
Document Object Model of each Web page like it is an actual tree
with branches. They help us select, retrieve, and use online data
in finance, marketing, manufacturing, customer service, government,
education, or other fields.
- EnglishBy Durio2014-05-29• 151 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
7 9 8
- What is XPath and XQuery?
- What are the syntax and specification?
- How can I use them? What platform and languages support them?
- art, clothing, creativity, fashion, fun, web_tool
- You can make your own shirt, suit, shoes, and toys online. Here
are interactive Websites to turn your creativity and imagination
into wearables at a reasonable cost. This Web list is inspired by
Kyli Singh and Lauren Indvic's articles on Mashable.com. Moreover,
you can create toys from your children's drawing.
- EnglishBy Oriole2014-09-18• 274 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
7 10 6 5
To highlight Websites that provide customized clothing, shoes, fashion accessories, and children toys.
- business, cyber_security, php, privacy, software_testing, web_tool
- Fake identities and names can be used in software testing,
fictional writing, and hiding your identity online. What Jacob
Allred created is a service based on non-existent but real-looking
combination of name, address, credit card ID, and other imagined
details, but a real email address.
- EnglishBy Durio2014-09-22• 343 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
4 3 3
- What is Fake name Generator and Fake Email Generator by Jacod Allred?
- How can you use this service?
- graphic, image, productivity, software, web_tool
- ImageMagick is a neat little free and open-source image
manipulation software suite to create, edit, compose, or convert
bitmap images. It can read and write images in over 100 formats,
GIF, JPEG, PDF, PNG, Postscript, SVG, and TIFF. Use ImageMagick to
resize, flip, mirror, rotate, distort, shear and transform images,
and more. It runs on Linux, Windows, Mac Os X, iOS,
Android OS, and others. It is commonly run in command line to
batch-process image, but GUI is available.
- EnglishBy saengch2014-06-01• 146 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 6 4
- To introduce ImageMagick and how to use it,
- To link to download page and graphic-UI version, such as Converseen.
- Some of the crazy things ImageMagick can do:
- Manipulate a large number of images.
- Format conversion (e.g. PNG to JPEG).
- Transform: resize, rotate, crop, flip or trim an image.
- Animation: create a GIF animation sequence from images.
- Special effects and montage.
- Image calculator: apply math expression to image or channels.
- Perceptual hash: map visually identical images to the same or similar hash-- useful in image retrieval, authentication, indexing, or copy detection as well as digital watermarking.
- Encipher or decipher an image.
- business, marketing, screen_capture, screencast, software, teaching_resrouce, web_tool
- Need to make an instructional video for your Web site, tutorial,
marketing campaign, or game session? Screencasting or screen
capture is the way to go. But which software should you use? Here
are four top choices from a list of The Top 100 Tools for Learning
from C4LPT, plus other possibilities.
- EnglishBy Durio2014-05-02• 338 Views1 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 10 9
To find quality but free or low-cost screencasting programs.
- college, high_school, learning_resource, plagarism, teaching_resource, web_tool, writing
- Teachers these days have the "Robocob" essentially at their
finger tips to catch plagiarism. Several free Web services are
eager to help. Still, students are best helped if they understand
what is plagiarism, the philosophy against it, and how they can
avoid it. Further, a common question is: What is the difference
between copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- EnglishBy degree62014-04-15• 162 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 11 1
- What are the free Web tools teachers can use to catch plagiarism?
- Can we use Google Image to spot image plagiarism?
- What is plagiarism?
- How can students learn to avoid plagiarism?
- How is plagiarism different from copyright infringement?
How do we avoid plagiarism in this Web list? Each source is clearly identified and linked to open in full browser tab.