- college, free_course, high_school, homeschool, mooc, online_course
- Web schools are increasingly open, free, varied, and effective.
This is a list of online schools and MOOCs that are not "fenced" up
virtually and open to all of us. It's now up to us to find courses
suitable to us, organize them, and spend time studying the
- EnglishBy chaiseri2013-09-05• 1,147 Views1 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
21 11 1 16
This Web list collects web sites that provide open and free learning resources. Preferably, these sites should allow users to view courses without signing in.
- austrian_economic, college, economic, free_market, history, murray_rothbard
- History is not what we are taught. Here is a book that will turn
everything you learn about economic thoughts on its head. It all
did start with the Greeks, but Chinese, Catholics, Spanish
Scholastics, medieval Europeans, the modern nation states all
witnessed the ebb and flow of ideas about economic freedom -
clearly it was no one-way progress. Adam Smith paved the way for
Marxism. There is more startlingly detailed and extensive
discussion about what went through the ancient minds.
- EnglishBy Rothy2014-07-08• 535 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
9 6 3
To read a comprehensive, original, revealing, detailed, and well-argued discussion about economic thinking from ancient Greece to the 20th century.
- college, critical_thinking, high_school, logic, philosophy
- "Are you confident you can reason clearly? Are you able to
convince others of your point of view? Are you able to give
plausible reasons for believing what you believe? Do you sometimes
read arguments in the newspapers, hear them on the television, or
in the pub and wish you knew how to confidently evaluate
The audio does fade in and out.
- EnglishBy Rothy2016-10-02• 43 Views0 Like0 Dislike3 Subscribers
2 6 1
In Marrianne Talbot's six-part course, "you will learn all about arguments, how to identify them, how to evaluate them, and how not to mistake bad arguments for good."
- business, data_mining, google_doc, google_spreadsheet, importxml, seo, web_development, web_tool, xpath
- Google Spreadsheet's ImportXML function is easy to use, and can
sometimes look magical. You can use it to grab Web page or blog
title and subtitles, stock prices, or movie info from IMDB.
You can summarize data, extract Wikipedia table, and so much more.
Here is a list of excellent tutorials. Google also has related and
useful spreadsheet functions such as ImportData, ImportHTML,
ImportFeed. What do you do if the new Google Sheet yield
- EnglishBy Durio2015-01-04• 1,433 Views0 Like0 Dislike4 Subscribers
7 10 9
- What is ImortXML from Google Spreadsheet?
- How can I use them? What are some examples of use?
- Where can I find simple and effective tutorials to learn from?
- Where can I find sample codes?
- What other Google Spreadsheet functions are there?
- What do I do if the importXML function yield error about parsing? Try the older Google Sheet http://g.co/oldsheets
- children, college, education, high_school, success
- High school is a safe time to let children take risk, fail,
learn, and grow strength of character - or grit. Protective parents
can hurt the child, who may acquire a mentality of entitlement and
not the mental muscles to recover from a fall. This Web list is
inspired by Jennifer Meer's article "My parents let me fail,
which taught me how to live" and Salman Khan's view.
- EnglishBy degree62014-09-26• 669 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
8 6 3 5
- Why will Salman Khan not tell his son he's smart?
- Why did Jennifer Meer's parents let her fail, and how did she benefit?
- Why should you let your children take risk, fail, and learn the consequence?
- What if you over-protect?
- business, cron_job, linux, programming, server, task_scheduler, ubuntu, window, xampp
- Cron Jobs are scheduled tasks such as logging, backup, and
checking whether a Web page works properly. In Ubuntu, you can
simply edit an existing text file, inserting a line of 5 segments
of text: "M H D M weekday command". You can use that "command" to
run PHP script to update database, for example. In Windows, if you
are running XAMPP package, you would use Window's own Task
Scheduler to run that same PHP script.
- EnglishBy Durio2014-09-22• 1,556 Views0 Like0 Dislike5 Subscribers
8 4 4
- What is a cron job?
- How do I create or edit a cron job in Ubuntu?
- How do I run a PHP script with cron job?
- What are possible problems and how to troubleshoot them?
- What if I need to specify the directory for my script and working files?
- How do I run a cron job in Windows and XAMPP, using Task Scheduler?
- business, career, cosmetic, diy, fun, makeup, style
- Michelle Phan combines versatile makeup techniques and a genuine
personal tone to make her the indisputable Youtube celebrity of
cosmetics. Here is a list of videos of her diverse looks and tips,
inspiring interviews, and social network pages.
- EnglishBy poncho2015-03-11• 636 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
12 16 3
- What does Michelle Phan look like ... err ... want to look like?
- How did she overcome career obstacles and start her online presence?
- What did she do to succeed as a beauty, entrepreneur, teacher, celebrity?
- Where are her social media pages?
- antivirus, business, computer, malware, security, software, windows_pc
- Windows users are painfully aware of the need for antivirus
programs. But where can we find free, light, and easy-to-install
antivirus software? What are the reviewers recommending? This is a
review of reviews,. The top eight recommendations for free
antiviral software seem to be: 360 Total Security, Avast,
AVG, Avira, BitDefender, Comodo, Panda Free, and Malwarebytes
Anti-Malware (alphabetical order).
- EnglishBy Durio2015-02-27• 669 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 9 1
- What do reviewers recommend for free antivirus software?
- Where can I download these 8 well recommended free software
- 360 Total Security,
- Panda Free,
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- austrian_economic, broken_window_fallacy, college, economic, henry_hazlitt
- Economics in One Lesson is an introduction to free market
economics written by Henry Hazlitt and first published in 1946. It
is based on Frédéric Bastiat's essay Ce qu'on voit et ce qu'on ne
voit pas (English: "What is Seen and What is Not Seen").
- EnglishBy Rothy2013-06-16• 679 Views2 Likes0 Dislike3 Subscribers
6 28 1 8
To introduce Henry Hazlitt's classic on the unseen, hidden, ignored, overlooked truths and costs about economic issues. To provide readers with different editions (1952, 1982, and a version with an additional chapter), and various media (PDF, HTML, physical copy to purchase, and partial audio/video files).
- college, free_course, homeschool
- Udacity offers 36 college-level, free, online courses, and
attracts hundreds of thousands of students worldwide. Still
essentially a computer science learning site, it has expanded to
business, design, math, and sciences. It uses short videos,
practices, problem sets, and assignments. Students may obtain a
certificate, and may opt to pay for credit.
- EnglishBy chaiseri2013-09-05• 748 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 1 3
This course aims to:
- Introduce Udacity's high-quality course choices (still mostly in Computer Science),
- Focus on a few courses as examples.
- career, college, health, high_school, job
- Chemical engineers have the higest median life-time earning, but
economic majors who are at the top percentile do even better,
according to the Hamilton Project. Check out your earnings
potential at their interactive chart. in contrast, the Bureau of
Labor statistics says the top earners are surgeons and other
medical professionals associated with lengthy training and
licensing restrictions. Both, of course, did not mention
- EnglishBy degree62014-11-06• 709 Views0 Like0 Dislike4 Subscribers
- Who have the top paying jobs according to the Hamilton Project?
- How do the engineering and economic majors differ in their median incomes, vs their top-percentile incomes?
- Where can I find specific data and chart on income levels for other education levels and specializations?
- Who are the top earners according to the Bureau of Labor statistics?