- education, flight, journalism, learning_resource, mas_, mh17, mh370, qz8501
- The mysterious loss of Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 generated
an overwhelming amount of news and speculation. This Web list
collects milestone reports - in news, images, social network
discussions, even speculations and false leads - to memorialize
this tragic and complex event. The links are arranged in roughly
chronological order, except where we need to keep related stories
together. Official statements, social network, map and tool sites
are mostly in the "Chops" section below.
- EnglishBy saengch2014-03-26• 1,124 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
191 30 13
To memorialize MH370 by collecting:
- News reports and images,
- Links to official statements, social network, tools, and map sites.
I include speculations, rumours, conspiracy theories, hoaxes, and false leads - that together demonstrate the chaotic and confused context in the search of useful information about MH370.
- abrsm, diploma, music, piano, program_note, programme_note
- ABRSM diploma candidates need to write a 1,100-word programme
notes for their exam performance. You can achieve a wide range of
qualities - from just interesting to the perceptive,
well-researched, original, relevant, pertinent, and persuasive. A
well-written programme note is not only an exam paper, and not only
educates the audience, but the writing process becomes a learning
experience, and the end result another tool of expression to
complement the musical performance.
- EnglishBy Gardener2015-02-03• 3,010 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 5 3
- What is a programme note for ABRSM (Associated Board of Royal Schools of Music of UK.) or Trinity diploma music performance?
- What are the key parts?
- Where can I find writing guides?
- What are the format, style, and length requirements?
- What are the marking criteria?
- What kind of research do I need to do?
- Where can I find examples?
- bollywood, dance, india, music
- Are dance numbers from Hindu films ready to take over the world?
Colorful, dazzling, energetic, upbeat, bold, beautiful - that is
Bollywood dance. Halfway between Arabian belly dance and Western
street dance, a hyperactive version of Shakira's Waka Waka dance,
how can it not conquer the world? OK, there's lots of creative
editing, lip synching, and cliche movie clips - but so do most
- EnglishBy Gardener2013-12-29• 999 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
12 6 2
To answer the questions:
- What is Bollywood dance or Hindu dance song?
- Where does it come from?
- Show me what it is like?
- How has it been performed by Indian and non-Indian dancers?
- How can I learn the basic?
- aria, education, italian, music, opera, singing, vocal_training
- It sounds nice, but what does the Italian lyrics say? O mio
babbino caro is one of Puccini's most popular arias. Watch videos
of the performance - Sissel's naughty interpretation and Maria
Callas' sad interpretation. Read up on the background, understand
the Italian lyrics in English, practice with karaoke and music
sheets, and read further on the location.
- EnglishBy Gardener2013-07-26• 6,619 Views3 Likes0 Dislike4 Subscribers
6 5 2 5
The objective of this course is to give the vocal student a quick round-up on this song by:
- watching video performances,
- reading about the background of the aria, opera, and composer,
- Understanding the Italian lyrics through its English translation,
- Singing along with a karaoke video,
- Practicing with music score.
- alexander_pushkin, aria, eugene_onegin, lensky's_aria, music, opera, russian, tchaikovsky
- Lensky sang this famous Russian aria before his fatal duel
against his good friend, Yevgény Onégin or Eugene Onegin, the
namesake of the opera. Tchaikovsky composed the music and some of
the libretto based on a novel by Alexander Pushkin - the undisputed
master of Russian poetry. The novel is a classic in Russian
literature, and the opera one of the most popular in Russia. It has
been made into several movies, the most recent one starring Liv
- EnglishBy Gardener2014-03-08• 1,216 Views0 Like0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 8 12
- To listen to Lensky's aria , from Act II of Eugene Onegin ("Kuda, kuda vï udalilis" Куда, куда вы удалились, весны моей златые дни),
- To link to videos of the opera and movie,
- To learn the background of Eugene Onegin the opera,
- To learn about Eugene Onegin the novel by Alexander Pushkin,
- To link to the music score, synopsis, novel study guide.
- education, music, singing, vocal_training
- Swedish-born and Los Angeles-based vocal and performance coach
Per Bristow reveals some of his singing techniques. These free
videos talk about rhythm, high notes, vibrato, and posture. There
are links to Per's blog, Facebook, and website. The references
sections contains several reviews, which are generally
- EnglishBy Gardener2013-07-31• 4,293 Views2 Likes0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 8 1 10
To introduce singing and performance coach Per Bristow's natural singing techniques, called the Bristow Method.
- carol, children, christmas, holiday, music
- Looking for Christmas songs for children? Youtube videos are the
best source. But this Web list also includes MP3s, lyrics, and
downloadable MIDI files.
- EnglishBy Gardener2013-12-15• 1,828 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 10 11
Where can I find free-to-listen:
- Christmas songs for children,
- Their videos,
- Downloadable lyrics, MIDI files, and MP3 files?
- choir, education, james_agee, morten_lauridsen, music, samuel_barber
- In 1940, composer Samuel Barber set to music sections of James
Agee's "Descriptions of Elysium" from Permit Me Voyage, creating a
song of "Sure On This Shining Night." Audiences, choirs, and
composers alike continue to be fond of this poem. Composers Morten
Lauridsen, Z. Randall Stroope, and Jay Giallombardo later rendered
this poem into three chorus arragements in the 21th century.
- EnglishBy Gardener2013-07-15• 2,082 Views1 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
6 13 5 9
- To enjoy four different musical settings to the same poem, by James Agee, known as "Sure on this Shining Night:" Samuel Barber in 1940, Morten Lauridsen in 2005, Z. Randall Stroope around 2007, and Jay Giallombardo in 2011.
- To collect links to the different versions, the poem's interpretations, and background.
- children, disney, frozen, music
- Are you sick and tired of the song "Let It Go" already? Not yet?
Then this Web list is for you. This course celebrates the song that
is "a stirring tribute to girl power and the need to 'let go' of
fear and shame" as Joe Dziemianowicz of The New York Daily News
- EnglishBy Gardener2014-04-10• 980 Views2 Likes0 Dislike2 Subscribers
6 12 3
- To listen to the soaring "Let It Go" in English, 25 languages, and mis-translated languages,
- To understand the magic and popularity of this song,
- To hear inspired or parody versions,
- To hear tributes by firemen, gamer, and traffic reporter.
- asia, chinese, japanese, korean, music, 歌曲, 音乐
- Here is a song highly popular in China, Japan, and Korea, but
largely forgetten at home in America. We are talking about
"Dreaming of Home and Mother," by John Ordway (1824-1880), civil
war doctor, composer, music entrepreneur, and politician. You'll
find hundreds of Youtube uploads in Chinese, Japanese, Korean - but
none from America. This song is known as 旅愁 or Ryosho in
Japanese, 送别 in Chinese, and 깊어가는 가을밤에 in
- 中文 (简体)By xjsh2013-12-29• 2,703 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
5 9 11
- What is the song "Dreaming of Home and Mother?"
- In what Asian countries is it popular?
- Can I see some of the performances?
- Who are the composer and translators?
- censorship, cyber_security, internet, proxy_server, resource, web
- One censorship trick is for your ISP to tweak its DNS servers,
which seves as the "look up" directories when you surf the Web. You
end up not finding the banned domains or stealthily misdirected.
Other than proxy severs, you can try updating your computer's
DNS server info to point to Google's, OpenNIC, or other
public, free, and uncensored DNS servers. Your Web surfing may
become faster if your ISP's DNS server had been overloaded.
- EnglishBy Durio2014-08-30• 594 Views0 Like0 Dislike1 Subscriber
14 13 13
- What is DNS server?
- How might ISPs and governments abuse them for censorship?
- How can we get around censorship using Google or other public DNS servers?
- Where can I find the IPs for these third-party DNS servers?
- Will third-party DNS server always offer higher speed? Why?